- Dr. Murali Poduval is a well known Orthopedic surgeon in Mumbai with specialization in Joint Replacement surgeries.
- He is currently a Consultant surgeon of Orthopedics at Global Hospital, Mumbai which is one of the best centers in India for Orthopedics.
- He holds an extensive experience of close to 2 decades in Orthopedics and Joint replacement surgery and is an expert in the management and treatment of deformity correction, arthroplasty and complex trauma.
- He is highly skilled in performing all types of primary and revision surgeries of the hip, knee and spine. His primary interest also includes hip arthroplasty for severe defects in children and adolescents.
- Dr. Poduval has a keen interest in research and has developed several new procedures and databases to help ease the surgical procedure. Currently he is working on the betterment of hip replacement procedures.
- He has been associated in training and guiding under graduate and post graduate students at prestigious medical centers in India and Malaysia. He has served as the HOD and Professor at JIPMER, Pondicherry.
- He has attended a large number of conferences and seminars all over the world both as an invited faculty as well as a presenter. He has delivered various lectures and presented papers on orthopedics and related to his research.
- He regularly attends CMEs and workshops to help train young orthopedic surgeons. He also has several publications to his credit in renowned national and international journals.
- Total Hip arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty
- Joint replacement surgery knee, elbow, hip, shoulder and spine
- Surgery for complex deformities of lower limb
- Primary and revision spine surgery
- Surgery for complex trauma, injuries and fractures
- Limb Lengthening surgery
- Birth Deformity correction surgery
- Consultant of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement surgery at Global Hospitals, Parel, Mumbai, Presently
- HOD and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
- Chief of Unit and Associate Professor of Orthopedics at Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry
- Associate Professor of Orthopedics at Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal
- Associate Professor of Orthopedics at Asian Institute of Medical, Science and Technology, Malaysia
- Lecturer of Orthopedics at King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, 1991
- MS in Orthopedics from King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai, 1996
- DNB in Orthopedics from National Board of Examinations, 1997
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Bombay Orthopedic Society
- Mumbai Association of Medical Consultants
- Tamil Nadu Orthopedic Association
- Pondicherry Orthopedic Association
- Kerala Orthopedic Association
- Founder and Chief Editor of the Asian Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology (International Journal of Clinical Practice)
- Assistant Editor of the Indian Journal of Orthopedics
- Reviewer of the Bone and Joint Journal
- Editor of International Journal of Advanced Medical Research
- Editor of Asian Journal of Medical Sciences