Profile Snapshot of Dr. Murali Poduval
- Dr. Murali Poduval is a well-known Orthopedic surgeon in Mumbai with a specialization in Joint Replacement surgeries.
- He is currently a Consultant surgeon of Orthopedics at Global Hospital, Mumbai which is one of the best centers in India for Orthopedics.
- He holds an extensive experience of close to 2 decades in Orthopedics and Joint replacement surgery and is an expert in the management and treatment of deformity correction, arthroplasty, and complex trauma.
- He is highly skilled in performing all types of primary and revision surgeries on the hip, knee, and spine. His primary interest also includes hip arthroplasty for severe defects in children and adolescents.
- Dr. Poduval has a keen interest in research and has developed several new procedures and databases to help ease the surgical procedure. Currently, he is working on the betterment of hip replacement procedures.
- He has been associated with training and guiding undergraduate and postgraduate students at prestigious medical centers in India and Malaysia. He has served as the HOD and Professor at JIPMER, Pondicherry.
- He has attended a large number of conferences and seminars all over the world both as an invited faculty as well as a presenter. He has delivered various lectures and presented papers on orthopedics related to his research.
- He regularly attends CMEs and workshops to help train young orthopedic surgeons. He also has several publications to his credit in renowned national and international journals.
Dr. Murali Poduval’s Expertise
- Birth Deformity correction surgery
- Joint replacement surgery knee, elbow, hip, shoulder, and spine
- Limb Lengthening surgery
- Primary and revision spine surgery
- Surgery for complex deformities of the lower limb
- Surgery for complex trauma, injuries, and fractures
- Total Hip arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty
Work Experience of Dr. Murali Poduval
- Consultant of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement surgery at Global Hospitals, Parel, Mumbai, Presently
- HOD and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
- Chief of Unit and Associate Professor of Orthopedics at Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry
- Associate Professor of Orthopedics at Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal
- Associate Professor of Orthopedics at Asian Institute of Medical, Science, and Technology, Malaysia
- Lecturer of Orthopedics at King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
Dr. Murali Poduval’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai in 1991
- MS in Orthopedics from King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai in 1996
- DNB in Orthopedics from National Board of Examinations in 1997
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
Memberships of Dr. Murali Poduval
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Bombay Orthopedic Society
- Mumbai Association of Medical Consultants
- Tamil Nadu Orthopedic Association
- Pondicherry Orthopedic Association
- Kerala Orthopedic Association
Other Accomplishments achieved by Dr. Murali Poduval
- Founder and Chief Editor of the Asian Journal of Orthopedics and Rheumatology (International Journal of Clinical Practice)
- Assistant Editor of the Indian Journal of Orthopedics
- Reviewer of the Bone and Joint Journal
- Editor of International Journal of Advanced Medical Research
- Editor of Asian Journal of Medical Sciences
Dr. Murali Poduval is currently working as –
Senior Consultant at Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai