- Dr. Monik Mehta is one of the best interventional cardiologists in India for the implantation of heart failure devices.
- His specialization also lies in performing complex Angioplasties and complex coronary interventions.
- He has an experience of several years of which he has spent 20+ years serving the Armed Forces as a cardiologists at various parts of the country.
- Dr. Mehta is an expert in angioplasty stenting and implantation of pacemakers and Cardioverter-Defibrillators and has helped a large number of patients with heart failures.
- Having received his trainings from Mahidol University, Bangkok, he has also worked with the United Nations as a cardiologist in Cambodia.
- He ran a multi speciality hospital in collaboration with the Indian Military Training Team in Bhutan for 2 years.
- His contribution towards interventional cardiology is huge and for his services he was awarded with the Videsh Sewa Medal from the Government of India and the United Nations Medal.
- He has attended national and international conferences, seminars and scientific meetings in various parts of the world where he has delivered speeches and presentations on interventional cardiology.
- He holds memberships of renowned medical associations and is one of the few cardiologists for which India has become one of the best centers in the world for interventional cardiology.
- Complex Coronary Interventions
- Trans radial interventions
- Primary Angioplasty
- Pacemaker and ICD implantation
- Automated Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator implantation
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Implant
- Paediatric Catheterizations and interventions
- Stent surgery
- Renal angioplasty
- Atherectomy and Rotational Atherectomy
- Peripheral interventions- carotid and renal
- Device closure for Congenital heart defects
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon, Present
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Alchemist Hospital, Gurgaon, 2010
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Metro Hospital and Heart Institute, Faridabad, 2009
- HOD of Cardiology at Military Hospital, Jalandar, Army Hospital, Delhi Cantonment, and Armed Forces Medical College Pune
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, 1983
- MD in General Medicine from Army Hospital, Delhi University, 1991
- DM in Cardiology from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, 2003
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
- Association of Physicians of India
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
- Cardiological Society of India
Awards and Recognitions
Awarded the Vishwa Sewa Medal by the Government of India and the United Nations Medal by the United Nations for impeccable services towards cardiology