Profile Snapshot of Dr. Monik Mehta
- Dr. Monik Mehta is one of the best interventional cardiologists in India for the implantation of heart failure devices.
- His specialization also lies in performing complex Angioplasties and complex coronary interventions.
- He has an experience several years of which he has spent 35+ years serving the Armed Forces as a cardiologist in various parts of the country.
- Dr. Mehta is an expert in angioplasty stenting and implantation of pacemakers and Cardioverter-Defibrillators and has helped a large number of patients with heart failures.
- Having received his training from Mahidol University, Bangkok, Dr. Monik Mehta has also worked with the United Nations as a cardiologist in Cambodia.
- He ran a multi-specialty hospital in collaboration with the Indian Military Training Team in Bhutan for 2 years.
- Dr. Monik Mehta’s contribution towards interventional cardiology is huge and for his services, he was awarded the Videsh Sewa Medal from the Government of India and the United Nations Medal.
- He has attended national and international conferences, seminars, and scientific meetings in various parts of the world where he has delivered speeches and presentations on interventional cardiology.
- Dr. Mehta holds memberships of renowned medical associations and is one of the few cardiologists for which India has become one of the best centers in the world for interventional cardiology.
Dr. Monik Mehta’s Expertise
- Atherectomy and Rotational Atherectomy
- Automated Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator implantation
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Implant
- Complex Coronary Interventions
- Device closure for Congenital heart defects
- Pacemaker and ICD implantation
- Pediatric Catheterizations and interventions
- Peripheral interventions- carotid and renal
- Primary Angioplasty
- Renal angioplasty
- Stent surgery
- Trans radial interventions
Work Experience of Dr. Monik Mehta
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram, Present
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Alchemist Hospital, Gurugram in 2010
- Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Metro Hospital and Heart Institute, Faridabad in 2009
- HOD of Cardiology at Military Hospital, Jalandhar, Army Hospital, Delhi Cantonment, and Armed Forces Medical College Pune
Dr. Monik Mehta’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune in 1983
- MD in General Medicine from Army Hospital, Delhi University in 1991
- DM in Cardiology from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune in 2003
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
Memberships of Dr. Monik Mehta
- Association of Physicians of India
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
- Cardiological Society of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Monik Mehta
- Awarded the Vishwa Sewa Medal by the Government of India and the United Nations Medal by the United Nations for impeccable services towards cardiology
Dr. Monik Mehta is now working at
Columbia Asia Hospitals Pvt. Ltd., Gurugram