Designation of Dr. Madhusudan H V
Dr. Madhusudan H V
Chief (Neurosurgery) and Head (Neurosciences),
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Madhusudan H V
- Dr. Madhusudan H V is an expert Neurosurgeon in South India with 22+ years of experience in neuro and spine surgery.
- He is currently the head of the Department of Neurosciences in Global Hospital Bengaluru and is also the chief consultant of neurosurgery in the hospital.
- With a specialization in minimally invasive neurosurgeries, Dr. Madhusudan holds the credit for more than 7000 neurosurgeries. He also finds interest in endoscopic interventions and frameless navigations.
- His interest also lies in spine surgeries and spinal interventions and is the first surgeon to perform lumbar disc replacement and interspinous device implantation in Karnataka in 2006.
- Dr. Madhusudan H V has been part of other prestigious medical institutions prior to joining Global Hospitals such as Narayana Hrudalaya where he had a major role in starting the department of Neurosciences and also served as the Head of the unit.
- Dr. Madhusudan has received various awards and accolades for his contributions towards neurosurgery in India which also earned him Fellowships from prestigious neurosurgery hospitals around the world.
Dr. H V Madhusudan’s Expertise
- All kinds of brain and spine neurosurgeries
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Device implantations
- Endoscopic Neuro Surgery
- Frameless navigation
- Interspinous device implantation
- Lumbar disc replacement
- Micro neurosurgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal tumor removal surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Madhusudan H V
- Chief of Neurosurgery and Head of Neurosciences at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru, Presently
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru
- Head and Consultant of Neurosurgery at Narayana Hrudalaya, Bengaluru
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Hosmat Hospital, Bengaluru
- Faculty of Neurosurgery at Sri Satya Institute of Higher Medical Studies, Bengaluru
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bengaluru
Dr. H V Madhusudan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute in 1995
- MCh in Neurosurgery from the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bengaluru in 2000
- Certificate course from Education Commission for Foreign Medical Students, United States Medical Licensing Examination
- Fellowship training in Spinal Surgery from Arizona, USA in 2001
- Fellowship training in Functional Neurosurgery, Neuro-Oncology, and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery from Roswell Park Cancer Institute, University of Buffalo, 2002
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Madhusudan H V
- Received the Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award in 2004
- Parimala Award in 2012 for excellent service and contribution towards Neurosurgery and Neurosciences in India