Designation of Dr. Kannan S
Dr. Kannan S
Head & Neck Surgical Oncologist; Skull Base Surgeon; Surgical Oncologist
Apollo Cancer Institutes, Chennai
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Kannan S
- Dr. Kannan S is a prominent Otorhinolaryngologist in India with nearly 18 years of experience.
- He holds a position as a Consultant Head and Neck Oncosurgeon in Apollo Cancer Institutes, Chennai.
- Being an MS and MBBS in Surgical Oncology, his interests led him to treat many ENT problems.
- He published several papers related to the same. He regularly attends conferences in his field and has also been awarded for his work.
Dr. S Kannan’s Expertise
- Hearing Deficiency Assessment
- Infratemporal fossa clearance
- Laryngeal Surgery and voice rehabilitation
- Mandibular and tongue surgeries and reconstruction
- Nasal Polypectomy
- Neck dissection
- Paranasal sinus tumor
- Parapharyngeal tumor excision
- Skull base surgery – endoscopic, open, and lateral
- Thyroid and salivary gland surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Kannan S
- More than 18 years of experience
- Senior Consultant – Surgical Oncology in Apollo Hospital, Chennai from 2013
- Head of Neck Oncology Department, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel
Dr. S Kannan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Dr. MGR Medical University (TNMGRMU), Chennai (2003)
- MS – Oncology from Dr. MGR Medical University (TNMGRMU), Chennai (2007)
Memberships of Dr. Kannan S
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India
- Federation of Head and Neck Oncology
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Kannan S
- Offered demonstrations in symposiums such as “Prospective Study Assessing Outcomes Of Post Laryngectomy Voice Rehabilitation Using Tracheoesophageal Prosthesis (Tep) – A Tertiary Referral Centre Experience” in 12th Asia-Oceania Otolaryngology Congress held at Aotea Centre, Auckland New Zealand from 1st – 4th March 2011
Publications of Dr. Kannan S
- “Tuberculosis Masquerading As Oral Malignancy”- Indian Journal of Medical And Paediatric Oncology Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2011 Jul-Sep; 32(3): 180–182.
- “Guidelines For Head & Neck Cancers- Oral Cavity” Evidence-Based Management Of Cancers In India– 2012
- “Tongue Flap Revisited”- Journal Of Cancer Research And Therapeutics 2013 Apr-June 9(2):215-8