Designation of Dr. Kanchan Kaur
Dr. Kanchan Kaur
Surgical Oncologist (Breast), Breast Cancer Surgeon
Senior Director – Breast Surgery (Cancer Institute)
Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Kanchan Kaur
- Dr. Kanchan Kaur is a leading Surgical Oncologist for the treatment of Breast Cancer.
- She provides services for the management and treatment of breast cancer that include screening and prevention of breast cancer, and surgical treatment of breast lumps and tumors.
- Dr. Kanchan Kaur has performed more than 3000 sentinel node biopsies and is trained in oncoplastic surgery as well as surgery for early breast cancers.
- Dr. Kaur also holds extensive training in the management and treatment of benign breast diseases and disorders.
- Currently associated with the Breast Services in Cancer Institute of Medanta, she has played an important part in making it one of the best centers in India for breast cancer treatment.
- She is a well-known Breast cancer surgeon both in India and abroad and has been part of the Royal College of Surgeons of London where she contributed as a tutor for surgery.
- Dr. Kanchan Kaur received her training in breast cancer treatment from some of the best breast specialist institutes in London, Paris, and New York.
- She is an esteemed member of prestigious medical organizations and actively participates in cancer awareness campaigns and workshops.
Dr. Kanchan Kaur’s Expertise
- Breast conservation and construction surgery
- Early breast cancer surgery
- Fibrocystic breast treatment
- Management of benign and malignant breast diseases
- Management of non-palpable lumps
- Oncoplastic breast cancer surgery
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- Surgery and management of benign breast lumps and tumors
Work Experience of Dr. Kanchan Kaur
- Senior Director of Breast Services (Cancer Institute) at Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram since 2010
- Senior Clinical Fellow of Breast Surgery at Northwick Park and St. Mark’s Hospital from 2004 to 2010
- Faculty at Royal College of Surgeons, London
Dr. Kanchan Kaur’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Jammu University in 2000
- MS in General Surgery from Government Medical College, Jammu University in 2004
- MRCS from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg, Scotland, UK in 2005
- Training in Benign and malignant breast disease management from renowned Breast management centers in Paris, London, and New York
Memberships of Dr. Kanchan Kaur
- Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Association of Palliative Care
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- European Society of Medical Oncology