Designation of Dr. Girish Kumar
Dr. Girish Kumar
Consultant – Surgical Oncology
CARE Hospitals, Hi-tech City, Hyderabad, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Girish Kumar
- Dr. Girish Kumar is a Surgical Oncologist currently associated as a Consultant with CARE Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- His expertise lies in the surgical treatment of both adult and pediatric cancer and provides services for head and neck, breast, GI, bone and soft tissue, urological, colorectal, and gynecological cancers.
- Along with the surgical treatment of various types of cancers, Dr. Girish Kumar also provides pre and post-operative cancer care.
- He has also trained a number of medical students in surgical oncology and continues to mentor postgraduate students.
- Dr. Kumar actively takes part in cancer awareness campaigns and regularly organizes workshops and medical camps to spread awareness about the different types of cancers, early detection, and prevention of the disease.
- He has worked at some of the best cancer centers in India and constantly aims at providing the best and most affordable cancer treatment to his patients to lead a cancer-free life.
Dr. Girish Kumar’s Expertise
- Adult and pediatric Surgical Oncology
- Surgery for head and neck, breast, lung, esophageal, bone and soft tissues, urological, colorectal and gynecological cancers
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers
Work Experience of Dr. Girish Kumar
- Consultant of Surgical Oncology at CARE Hospitals, Hi-Tech City, Hyderabad since 2017
- Senior Resident of Surgical Oncology at M N J Cancer Hospital and Radium Institute, Hyderabad from 2015 to 2017
- Specialist Senior Registrar of Surgical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai from 2014 to 2015
- Senior Registrar of Surgical Oncology at Soumya multi-specialty and Cancer Hospital, Secunderabad from 2009 to 2011
- Assistant Professor of General Surgery at Dr. V R K Women’s Medical College, Hyderabad from 2010 to 2011
Dr. Girish Kumar’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Mamata Medical College, Khammam, Telangana in 2004
- MS in General Surgery from Osmania Medical College Hyderabad in 2008
- MRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2010
- MCh in Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Cancer Institute, Mumbai in 2014