- Dr. Gaurav Kharya is one of India’s top paediatric haematologists. He has over 17 years of expertise and is affiliated with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
- Dr. Kharya specialises in paediatric hemato-oncology, immunology, and bone marrow transplantation. He has extensive expertise in transplanting in children with benign or malignant blood abnormalities, immunological disorders, and other conditions both nationally and internationally.
- Dr. Kharya performed around 600 bone marrow transplants with his team. He undertook the first haploidentical bone marrow transplant for sickle cell disease in India. He also depleted TCR alpha beta CD 19 in invitro by haploidentical BMT in a 4-month-old baby with severe combined immunodeficiency.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Cancer Screening (Preventive)
- Senior Consultant paediatric haematologist at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
- Registrar in Department of Pediatrics at Sunder Lal Jain Memorial Hospital
- International Pediatric BMT Fellow at The Great North Children Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Fellow in Pediatric Hematology & BMT at St Mary’s Hospital, London, UK
- DNB- Paediatrics
- Fellowship in Hematology and Pediatric Oncology
- Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology and BMT
- Indian Academy Of Pediatrics
- International Society of Pediatric Oncology
- Membership of IAP’s chapter, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- First to perform haploidentical BMT for sickle cell disease in India
- He was able to perform successful TCR alpha beta CD 19 depletion of haploidentical BMT in vitro In the youngest (4 months) with severe combined immunodeficiency
Articles (last few):
- Sanjeev Kumar Sharma, Nitin Gupta, Dharma Choudhary, Vipin Khandelwal, Mayank Dhamija, Gaurav Kharya, Anil Handoo, Arpita Arora and Rasika Setia: Cost of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in India. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis 2014, 6(1): e2014046, DOI: 10.4084 / MJHID.2014.046
- “Arterial blood gas vs venous blood gas: which one and when?” Dhiren Gupta and Gaurav Kharya, Pediatric emergency medicine edited by Suresh Gupta, published by Indian Journal of Pediatrics.
- A Prakash, G Kharya, A Sachdeva, D K Kahlon, M Kalra, N Radhakrishnan, V Dinand, S P Yadav. Is it possible to treat pediatric acute myeloid leukaemia in a developing country? ISH 2010 Jerusalem.