Profile Snapshot of Dr. Gagan Gautam
- Dr. Gagan Gautam is considered among the best Uro Oncology surgeons in the country and has performed more than 700 surgeries related to kidney, prostate, and urinary bladder cancer.
- He has worked at the leading cancer centers of the world and also trained at some of the best cancer hospitals.
- Dr. Gautam is renowned for using robotic procedures during uro cancer surgeries and is among the very few doctors in India who are highly skilled in Robotic uro surgery.
- Along with Robotic procedures, Dr. Gautam is also highly skilled in open, endoscopic, and laparoscopic surgeries for kidney, bladder, and prostate cancers.
- He has been associated with some of the best cancer hospitals in India where he has helped in the setting up of robotic surgery procedures for urological cancers.
- He regularly gets invited to attend conferences and deliver presentations on Uro Oncology. He has performed live demonstrations of several urological procedures in such national and international meetings as well.
- Dr. Gagan Gautam is also involved in research and has more than 7 publications to his credit in renowned national and international scientific journals.
- He aims to provide the best and most affordable treatment for urological cancers to all his patients and actively takes part in cancer awareness campaigns and workshops.
Dr. Gagan Gautam’s Expertise
- Open, Laparoscopic, and endoscopic urological cancer surgery
- Robotic urological cancer surgery of the prostate, urinary bladder, and kidney cancers
- Robotic reconstructive surgery for ureteric reimplant and pyeloplasty
- Robotic extended pelvic lymph node dissection for bladder and prostate cancer
- Robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for metastatic testicular cancer
- Robotic partial Cystectomy for bladder cancer
- Robotic partial nephrectomy
- Robotic radical prostatectomy
- Robotic intracorporeal urinary diversion
Work Experience of Dr. Gagan Gautam
- Vice Chairman-Uro Oncology & Robotic Surgery Urology and Andrology, Medanta-the Medicity, Gurugram (2022- till present)
- Director (Urological Oncology & Robotic Surgery) at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket (2016-2022)
- Head of Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery at Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon from 2001 to 2016
- Uro-Surgeon of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Cancer at University of Chicago Medical Center from 2009 to 2011
- Consultant of Urology and Robotic Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 2006 to 2009
Dr. Gagan Gautam’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1998
- MS in General Surgery from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 2002
- DNB in General Surgery from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi in 2002
- MCh in Urology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2005
- Fellowship in Robotic Urological Cancer Surgery from the University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago in 2011
Memberships of Dr. Gagan Gautam
- American Urological Association
- Urological Society of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Gagan Gautam
- Best Reviewer awarded by the Indian Journal of Urology in 2009
- Agra Urology Club Award for Best video presentation at the NZUSI conference in 2008
- C K P Menon Award for Best original research presented at the USICON in 2006
- Chandigarh Prize for Best video presentation at the USICON, 2006