Designation of Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala
Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala
Director of Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service and Head, Centre for Sports Medicine
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala
- Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala is an Orthopedic Surgeon par excellence specializing in shoulder replacement and sports injuries surgeries.
- His expertise lies in Bankart and Rotator Cuff Repairs and Arthroscopic ACL and PCL knee repairs.
- Currently associated with KDAH, Dr. Pardiwala serves as the Director of the Department of Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine, and Shoulder Service and heads the Center for Sports Medicine.
- In KDAH alone he has performed over 1600 shoulder and sports-related surgeries. Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala has handled over 4000 arthroscopic cases as well.
- With several firsts to his name, he performed the first Reverse Shoulder Replacement surgery, the first Navigation guided ACL Repair, and the first Autologous Chondrocyte Stem Cell Transplant in India.
- Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala introduced the Osteochondral Allograft Transfer and Transplant in India.
- He holds membership of the prestigious International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Sports Medicine and has been the only Indian Arthroscopy specialist to give a live demonstration of Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery during one of the annual conferences.
- He has an experience of 22+ years as a sports medicine and shoulder surgeon and has treated numerous sportspersons from varied fields. He has been a sports physician for a number of sports organizations.
- Dr. Pardiwala is an exceptionally skilled and efficient sports surgeon with a post-operative infection rate of 0%.
- He is regularly invited as a faculty to perform live demonstrations of Arthroscopic shoulder surgery at several national and international workshops and CMEs.
- Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala is the first Indian surgeon to receive an invitation from the Korean Orthopedic Association to attend the annual conference and give a live demonstration of Arthroscopy.
- He is a member of the editorial board of renowned national and international journals on Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine. He has over 45 publications to his credit in peer-reviewed and other prestigious scientific journals.
Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala’s Expertise
- Autologous Chondrocyte Stem Cell Transplant
- Cartilage Reconstructive surgery
- Complex Arthroscopic ACL and PCL repair of the knee
- Navigation-guided ACL Repair
- Osteochondral Allograft Transfer and Transplant
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Repair and Replacement surgery
- Surgery for repairing Bankart and Rotator Cuffs
- Surgery for Sports-related injuries
Work Experience of Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala
- Director of Arthroscopy, Shoulder Service & Sports Orthopedics and Head of the Center for Sports Medicine, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala’s Qualifications
- MS in Orthopedics
- DNB in Orthopedics
- Fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Training in Orthopedics from King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Fellowships of Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala
Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala has got Fellowships in Arthroscopy and Sports Orthopedics from:
- Nuffield Orthopedic Centre, Oxford
- Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, Cambridge
Memberships of Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Executive Committee
- International Cartilage Research Society
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Bombay Orthopedic Society
- Maharashtra Orthopedic Association
- Editorial Board Member of the American Journal of Sports Medicine and Sports Health
- Editorial Board Member of the Asia- Pacific Knee, Arthroscopy, and Sports Medicine Society