Designation of Dr. Dinesh Jothimani
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Dinesh Jothimani
- Dr. Dinesh Jothimani is a Hepatologist and Gastroenterologist with over 18 years of experience.
- He completed his MBBS from The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University (TNMGRMU) in 2000 and MRCP (UK) from Royal College of Physicians, London in 2004.
- He is known for the successful treatment of numerous patients both in India and across the border.
- Dr. Dinesh Jothimani is a liver specialist trained in the UK and Australia.
- He cares for his patients who suffer from liver diseases and performs skillful liver transplants.
- Dr. Dinesh Jothimani carries out endoscopic procedures including ERCPs and therapeutic endoscopies. His interests are Acute Liver Failure, Liver Transplantation, Viral Hepatitis, Autoimmune Hepatitis & ERCP
Work Experience of Dr. Dinesh Jothimani
- National Health Service, UK; from Feb 2001 to Sept 2010
- Consultant Hepatologist, University Hospitals of Coventry & Warwickshire, UK; from Oct 2010 to Feb 2011
- Consultant Hepatologist, MIOT Hospitals, Chennai, India; from Apr 2011 to July 2012
- Consultant Liver Transplant Physician, Institute of Liver Disease and Transplantation, Global Hospitals, Chennai; from Aug 2012 to Oct 2018
Dr. Dinesh Jothimani’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Madras Medical College, Chennai, India in 2000
- MRCP (UK) from The Royal College of Physicians, UK in 2004
- CCT (UK) from General Medical Council, UK in 2010
Memberships of Dr. Dinesh Jothimani
- Indian Association for the Study of Liver
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- General Medical Council (GMC), UK
- European Association of Study of Liver
- British Association of Study of Liver
- Fellowship in Royal College of Physicians
Publications of Dr. Dinesh Jothimani
- Management of post-liver-transplant recurrent HCV infection with directly acting antiviral drugs
- The outcome of patients with acute liver failure due to yellow phosphorus poisoning.
- A textbook chapter on Liver Regeneration- Elsevier Liver Transplantation
- Role of Mycophenolate mofetil in Autoimmune hepatitis- an observational study.
- A new era in the management of chronic hepatitis C– A review.
- Macrophage secretory products induce an inflammatory phenotype in hepatocytes.
- Non-invasive assessment of fibrosis in liver grafts due to hepatitis C recurrence.
- Treatment of Autoimmune hepatitis- a review of current and evolving therapies.
- Re: Early use of TIPS in cirrhotic patients with variceal bleeding.
- Re: outcome of recurrent hepatitis C virus after liver transplantation in a randomized trial of monotherapy versus triple therapy
- Magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy accurately estimate the severity of steatosis provided the stage of fibrosis is considered.
- An unusual case of gastric erosions.
- Effect of ethnicity on the presentation and management of esophageal and gastric cancers
- Long-term immunosuppression for prevention of non-viral disease recurrence.
- A case report of hypertension associated with hypokalemia and hyponatremia