Profile Snapshot of Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan
- Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan is a reputed rheumatologist in India with 32 years of experience in total.
- He is a practicing consultant in the Department of Internal Medicine at Apollo Hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- He is into internal medicine specialization and has pursued his MD in general medicine from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
- After that, Dr. K Shanmuganandan also completed his DNB in general medicine from the National Board of Examination.
- He has worked on 10 research projects and 70 publications.
- Dr. Shanmuganandan believes his experience is associated with genuine concern for his patients.
Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan’s Expertise
- Biological and Biosimilars therapeutics
- Clinical Rheumatology
- Geriatric Rheumatology
Work Experience of Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan
- Around 32 years of experience
- Consultant in Rheumatology at Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai.
Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan’s Qualifications
- DNB in General Medicine from the National Board Of Examination in 1994
- MD in General Medicine from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune in 1993
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) of Pune in 1987
Memberships of Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan
- Association of Physicians of India
- Indian Rheumatology Association
- Geriatric Society Of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan
- Winner of Chief of Army Staff Commendation Medal in 2014
- Ranjana Vij Silver medal for the second position in advanced medicine course in 1992
Publications of Dr. Brig K Shanmuganandan
Some of the publications under his name are as follows:-
- DS Bhakuni, A Hegde, K Shanmuganandan, A Atal, K Sivasami,. Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography/ Computed Tomography in the quantification of disease burden in patients of spondyloarthritis on anti-tumor necrosis factor biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. Ann Rheum Dis 2015; 74:S2.
- Shanmuganandan K, Hegde A, Vasdev V, Chaudhuri GD, Abhishek K, Atal A. SAPHO with pyoderma gangrenosum-an unusual occurrence Int J Rheum Dis 2015;18 ( Suppl 1):55.
- Bhakuni DS, Shanmuganandan K, Atal AT, Kartik S. On-demand Visco supplements in osteoarthritis knee Int J Rheum Dis 2015;18 ( Suppl 1): 81.
- Safety and efficacy of an Anti-CD20 Monoclonal antibody In Indian patients with seropositive rheumatoid arthritis. Indian Journal of Rheumatology 2018 Vol: 13(1): 20-25.