Designation of Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence
Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence
Senior Consultant – Medical Oncology
Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Perumbakkam, Chennai, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence
- Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence is a well-known Medical Oncologist in South India with a specialization in the treatment of breast cancers.
- He provides overall both pre and post-operative treatment of breast cancer that includes diagnostic, therapeutic as well as palliative care.
- He also provides services for other types of cancers including blood cancer and does procedures like Chemotherapy for the treatment and biopsies for the detection of cancer.
- Dr. Lawrence has an experience of over 4 decades in Medical Oncology and has worked and been associated with well-known cancer hospitals in India and other countries.
- He holds membership in several medical organizations and regularly gets invited to attend seminars and conferences on a global scale.
- He is highly recognized for his contribution towards Medical Oncology and also has several publications to his credit in renowned medical journals.
Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence’s Expertise
- Biopsies for cancer detection
- Chemotherapy for various forms of cancer
- Diagnostic and therapeutic treatment for breast cancer
- Palliative care
Work Experience of Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence
- Senior Consultant of Medical Oncology at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Perumbakkam, Chennai, Presently
- Senior Consultant of Medical Oncology at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai
- Director of Medical Oncology at Tamil Nadu Hospital, Chennai
- Senior Consultant of Oncology at King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Buraidah, Saudi Arabia
- Regimental and General Duty Medical Officer of the Army Medical Corps
- Senior House Physician for Internal Medicine at Railway Hospital, Chennai
- Professor of Medical Oncology at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Stanley Medical College Hospital, Chennai in 1964
- MD in General Medicine from Madras University, Chennai in 1972
- Fellowship from the American College of Physicians in 1982
- Internship in Internal Medicine from West Virginia University, Charleston in USA in 1975
- Resident of Internal Medicine at West Virginia University, Charleston, USA in 1977
- Training in Medical Oncology from Pennsylvania State University, USA in 1979
Memberships of Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence
- Indian Society of Hematology
- Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society of Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- Emeritus Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence
- Doctor’s Day Award for Outstanding service in Medical Oncology by the Indian Medical Association in 1994
- Appeared in the Medical Oncology List of Who is Who in the World