- Dr. Alaric Aroojis is a renowned Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon in Mumbai.
- He is among the very few surgeons in India solely dedicated towards practicing Pediatric Orthopedics.
- His expertise and primary area of specialization lies in deformity correction, cerebral palsy and congenital anomalies. He is also an expert in performing complex pelvic osteotomy for congenital hip dislocation in young patients.
- He holds an extensive experience of more than 15 years in Pediatric Orthopedics and is highly skilled at using minimally invasive procedures for difficult limb deformity corrections.
- He is an integral member of the Center for Children and the Center for Bone and joint Surgery in Kokilaben Hospital. He also works in close coalition with the Spina Bifida and Cerebral Palsy Clinics and helps in Pediatric Rehabilitation.
- Dr. Aroojis has performed more than 1200 pediatric orthopedic surgeries that include surgeries through minimally invasive techniques along with other traditional procedures.
- He takes care of more than 30 cases of clubfoot every year in KDAH and is an apt in using the Ponseti Method.
- With an equal interest in research, Dr. Aroojis has made several contributions in Pediatric Orthopedics in India. He has more than 40 publications to his credit in renowned national and international journals.
- He attends scientific meetings and seminars on a regular basis and is also invited as a faculty to deliver talks. Till date he has made over 50 paper presentations related to Pediatric Orthopedics in such national and international conferences.
- He is a member of various medical associations and is invited as an International Faculty to deliver lectures across the globe such as in Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Minimally Invasive Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Surgery for deformity correction, cerebral palsy and congenital anomalies in children
- Clubfoot surgery
- Complex pelvic osteotomy for congenital hip dislocation
- Surgery for complex trauma in pediatrics- AO implants and Titanium Elastic nails
- Multi-level soft tissue and bone surgery
- Botulinum injections
- Growth Modulation and Fixators for correction of complex limb deformities (Orthofix and Ilizarov)
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Neuro developmental therapy
- Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedics at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute, Mumbai, Presently
- Specialist Registrar and Consultant of Pediatric Orthopedics at B J Wadia Hospital for Children, Mumbai
- MBBS from King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- MS in Orthopedics from King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- DNB in Orthopedics from University of Mumbai
- D’Orthopedics from University of Mumbai
Fellowships and Trainings
Fellowships and Trainings in Paediatric Orthopaedics from:
- Alfred DuPont Hospital for Children, USA
- National University Hospital, Singapore
- Royal Children’s Hospital, Australia
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Pediatric Orthopedic Society of India
- Executive Committee member of the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Development Medicine
- Medical Advisory Board member of Ponseti International Association
- Bombay Orthopedic Society