- Dr. Akshay Tiwari is the principal consultant of the department of Musculoskeletal Surgical Oncology at Max Institute of Cancer Care at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- He holds an extensive experience of close to two decades and finds interest in the treatment of musculoskeletal cancer patients.
- He is trained in surgery for cancers of the bone and soft tissues and has performed more than 1000 surgeries for bone and soft tissue tumors.
- He is famous for starting the first Musculoskeletal/ Orthopedic Oncology unit in Delhi and NCR.
- Dr. Tiwari has received his trainings in Musculoskeletal Surgery from well known institutes of the world- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Italy.
- He is among the very few onco surgeons in the country to specialize in the surgical treatment of benign and malignant bone and soft tissue tumors.
- At Max Institute of Cancer Care, Dr. Tiwari with his team of specialists has performed several complex and high risk cancer surgeries.
- He is a reputed member of several medical associations and has delivered speeches and given presentations at various conferences for Musculoskeletal Oncology.
- He has published numerous papers and abstracts on Musculoskeletal Oncology in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Musculoskeletal Onco Surgery
- Limb salvage surgery for bone and soft tissue tumors
- Surgery for primary malignant bone tumors, soft tissue sarcomas, metastatic bone diseases and benign aggressive bone tumors
- Reconstructive orthopedic surgery
- Surgery for spinal tumors
- Extracorporeal radiotherapy and reimplantation of bone tumors
- Internal hemipelvectomy
- Total femur replacement
- En bloc resection of sarcomas of the spine
- Head and Principal Consultant of Musculoskeletal Surgical Oncology (Max Institute of Cancer Care) at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, Presently
- Head and Consultant of Orthopedic Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi
- Senior Resident of Orthopedics at Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals, Delhi
- MBBS from RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- MS in Orthopedics from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
- Diploma in Tissue Banking from Singapore
- Training in Musculoskeletal Oncology from Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Italy
- Training in Bone and Soft Tissue Unit from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Delhi Orthopedic Association
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Society