Designation of Dr. Akshay Tiwari
Dr. Akshay Tiwari
Surgical Oncologist (Musculoskeletal)
Director & Head – Musculoskeletal Oncology
Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Akshay Tiwari
- Dr. Akshay Tiwari is a well-known Musculoskeletal Surgical Oncologist who holds an extensive experience of close to two decades and finds interest in the treatment of musculoskeletal cancer patients.
- He is trained in surgery for cancers of the bone and soft tissues and has performed more than 1000 surgeries for bone and soft tissue tumors.
- Dr. Akshay Tiwari is famous for starting the first Musculoskeletal/ Orthopedic Oncology unit in Delhi and NCR.
- Dr. Tiwari has received his training in Musculoskeletal Surgery from well-known institutes of the world- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, and Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Italy.
- Dr. Tiwari is among the very few onco-surgeons in the country to specialize in the surgical treatment of benign and malignant bone and soft tissue tumors.
- At Max Institute of Cancer Care, Dr. Tiwari with his team of specialists has performed several complex and high-risk cancer surgeries.
- He is a reputed member of several medical associations and has delivered speeches and given presentations at various conferences for Musculoskeletal Oncology.
- Dr. Akshay Tiwari has published numerous papers and abstracts on Musculoskeletal Oncology in renowned national and international medical journals.
Dr. Akshay Tiwari’s Expertise
- En bloc resection of sarcomas of the spine
- Extracorporeal radiotherapy and reimplantation of bone tumors
- Internal hemipelvectomy
- Limb salvage surgery for bone and soft tissue tumors
- Musculoskeletal Onco Surgery
- Reconstructive orthopedic surgery
- Surgery for primary malignant bone tumors, soft tissue sarcomas, metastatic bone diseases, and benign aggressive bone tumors
- Surgery for spinal tumors
- Total femur replacement
Work Experience of Dr. Akshay Tiwari
- Director & Head – Musculoskeletal Oncology at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi Presently
- Head and Consultant of Orthopedic Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi
- Senior Resident of Orthopedics at Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals, New Delhi
Dr. Akshay Tiwari’s Qualifications
- MBBS from RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- MS in Orthopedics from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
- Diploma in Tissue Banking from Singapore
- Training in Musculoskeletal Oncology from Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Italy
- Training in Bone and Soft Tissue Unit from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Memberships of Dr. Akshay Tiwari
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Delhi Orthopedic Association
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Society