Profile Snapshot of Dr. A B Govindaraj
- Dr. A B Govindaraj is a leading Orthopedic surgeon specializing in Joint Replacement surgeries.
- He holds an extensive experience of more than 3 decades in the field and performs over 300 joint replacement surgeries annually.
- He excels in unilateral and bilateral total knee replacement, total hip replacement, and shoulder replacement surgeries.
- He has spent more than 24 years solely practicing Joint replacement procedures in India and is therefore counted among the top surgeons for all kinds of joint replacements in the country.
- He has exclusively trained for 8 years at various orthopedic institutes and under renowned orthopedic surgeons in India, UK, USA, Germany, and Italy.
- Dr. Govindaraj has helped in the treatment of a large number of patients both adult and pediatric, with complex joint replacement cases with successful outcomes.
- He has taken part in numerous national and international conferences and meetings and presented several papers and posters in such forums.
- Dr. Govindaraj takes part in CMEs and also conducts workshops to demonstrate live as well as to train aspiring orthopedic surgeons in joint replacement procedures.
- He is a member of renowned medical organizations and a highly acclaimed surgeon among his colleagues.
- Dr. Govindaraj has numerous abstracts, papers, and articles that have been published in leading peer-reviewed national and international journals. He is also an editor and reviewer of several other orthopedic journals.
Dr. A B Govindaraj’s Expertise
- Adult and Pediatric Orthopedic surgery
- Instrumental Spine Surgery
- Joint Replacement surgery
- Lumbar and Dorsal Kyphoplasty
- Pelvic and Limb reconstruction surgery
- Revision Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement
- Shoulder replacement surgeries
- Single sitting Bilateral Total Knee replacements
- Spinal Decompression Surgery
- Surgery for complex trauma, injuries, and fractures
- Surgery for pediatric fractures and trauma
- Total and partial hip replacement surgery
- Unilateral and Bilateral Total Knee replacements
Work Experience of Dr. A B Govindaraj
- Chief Consultant of Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Malar, Chennai since 2013
- Senior Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery at The Guest Hospital, Chennai from 2005 to 2013
- Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery at Apollo Group of Hospitals, Chennai from 2000 to 2005
- Consultant of Orthopedics at The Lanka Hospitals Corporation, Colombo, Sri Lanka from 2004 to 2005
- Senior Consultant of Orthopedics at Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai from 1995 to 1999
- Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery at Global Hospital, Chennai from 1990 to 1995
- Registrar of Orthopedics at Bedford Hospital, Bedford from 1988 to 1990
- Registrar of Orthopedics at Barking, Havering, and Red bridge University Hospitals, London from 1986 to 1988
- Senior House Officer of Orthopedics at Buckinghamshire Healthcare, Dover from 1984 to 1986
- Senior House Officer of Orthopedics at the University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry from 1983 to 1984
Dr. A B Govindaraj’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur in 1979
- MS in General Surgery from Government General Hospital, Chennai in 1982
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow in 1987
Fellowships received by Dr. A B Govindaraj
- Unicondylar Joint Arthroplasty from Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan in 2003
- Total Joint Arthroplasty from Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles in 2001
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery and Total Knee Replacement Surgery from Anderson Orthopedic Research Institute, Virginia in 2000
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery from Dr. Charles Rockwood, Washington in 2000
- Spine Instrumentation from Muenster University Hospital, Germany in 1998
- Spine Surgery and Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery from Nuffield Orthopedic Hospital, Oxford in 1990
Memberships of Dr. A B Govindaraj
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Indo-German Orthopedic Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Medical Council of India
- General Medical Council of London
Dr. A B Govindaraj is currently working as Director and Senior Consultant of Orthopedics at MGM Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Chennai