- Dr. Suresh V Joshi is a cardiac surgeon in Mumbai with an expertise in undertaking complex surgeries as a result of congenital heart diseases.
- He holds an extensive experience of over 3 decades in cardiac surgery and specializes in Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG); specifically Beating Heart CABG and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeries.
- He is an expert in all kinds of coronary and interventional cardiac procedures and has performed over 15,000 cardiac surgeries for different kinds of heart defects and disorders.
- He is among the few cardiac surgeons in Mumbai specializing in both adult and pediatric cardiac surgeries and has performed surgeries on neonatals to octogenarians.
- He is the cardiac surgeon in Mumbai to perform the first Beating Heart Coronary Bypass surgery on an adult as well the first on an infant. He also performed the first Hybrid coronary bypass procedure in India at Holy Family Hospital in Mumbai.
- Prior to joining Wockhardt Hospital, Dr. Joshi has provided his services to other prestigious hospitals in Mumbai such as Nanavati Hospital, Jaslok Hospital and Lilavati Hospital.
- He acquired most of his trainings in cardiac surgery from the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne under the guidance of Dr. Roger Mee and received further trainings from St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney.
- Along with being an excellent cardiac surgeon, he has also spent years of his career as a teacher for under graduate and post graduate students and as a trainer for young cardiac surgeons.
- His primary motive is to provide the best cardiac care facilities to the backward section of the society and has been working in close association with several NGOs and foundations to make this possible.
- He attends and organizes workshops and medical camps in remote places of the country to provide free cardiac surgeries and better medical facilities. He also works towards spreading awareness on cardiac care.
- Dr. Joshi holds memberships of various medical associations and is regularly invited to attend annual conferences and seminars of such societies. He has delivered lectures, presented papers and headed several sessions both in the national and international levels.
- He is also actively involved in research and has over 95 publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Beating Heart CABG
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery,
- Surgery for congenital heart defects
- Pediatric Cardiac surgery
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- Aortic Aneurism Repair
- Cardiac surgery in newborns and infants
- Hybrid coronary bypass procedure
- Redo open heart surgery
- Mitral and aortic valve surgery
- Director of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Centre at Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai, Presently
- Visiting Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai, Presently
- Director of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
- Head of Fortis Pediatric Congenital Heart Centre, Mumbai
- Consultant of CTVS at Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Consultant of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Holy Family Hospital, Bandra , Mumbai
- Consultant of CTVS, Hinduja Healthcare Surgical, Khar
- MBBS from Dr. V M Medical College, Sholapur, 1975
- MS in General Surgery from K E M Medical Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, 1979
- MS in Cardio-Thoracic Surgery from K E M Medical Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, 1981
- Fellow of the Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
- Training in Cardiac Surgery from Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- Training in Cardiac Surgery from St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Indian Medical Association
- International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons
- Cardiological Society of India
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- World Society of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgeons
- Asian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons
- Vascular Society of India
- Association of Medical Consultants, Mumbai
Awards and Recognitions
- Was honored with the Harvard University International Award for Medical Excellence in India in 2009