Profile Snapshot of Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna
- Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna is a leading cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive cardiac surgeries, heart valve repairs, and heart failure surgeries.
- Dr. Surendra Khanna has 26+ years of experience in cardiac care and has performed more than 17000 surgeries that include beating heart surgery, mitral and aortic valve surgery, and double valve replacement surgery.
- His expertise lies primarily in adult cardiac surgeries and has done some of the most complex cardiac surgeries in India.
- Being highly skilled and experienced in his field, Dr. Khanna has been associated with various renowned cardiac hospitals in the world. He is a visiting cardiac surgeon in several hospitals all over the country.
- He has trained a number of cardiac surgeons in North India who are now some of the best in their fields and has also taught several postgraduate and undergraduate students.
- Dr. Khanna has been constantly working towards providing better cardiac care to the general public for the last 2 decades. As such he actively takes part in workshops and awareness campaigns held to spread knowledge on cardiac diseases and prevention measures.
- He finds interest in academics and research and his works have been published in renowned national and international medical journals worldwide.
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna’s Expertise
- Aortic Surgery
- Beating Heart CABG
- CABG in patients with poor ventricular function
- Complex Valve Replacement and Repair
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery
- Heart Failure surgery
- Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Surgery of ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Valve replacement and repair
- Valvular Heart surgery (Trained under Prof. Dr. Ottavio Alfieri, a pioneer in valve surgery)
Work Experience of Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna
- Principal Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi from 2010 to 2014
- Senior Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Max Heart Institute, New Delhi from 2006 to 2010
- Senior Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi from 1995 to 2006
- Chief Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Escorts Heart Centre, Kanpur from 2004 to 2005
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna’s Qualifications
- MBBS from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow in 1986
- MS in General Surgery from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow in 1990
- MCh in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery from Mumbai University in 1995
Fellowships of Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna
- Indian College of Cardiology
- International College of Surgeons, USA
- International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences
- Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- San Rafaela Hospital, Milan
Memberships of Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna
- Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons
- Indian College of Cardiology
- International College of Surgeons
- Asia Pacific Vascular Society
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna
- Received the Senior Proficiency Certificate from the Indian Council for International Amity in 1977 and 1979