Delhi / Gurgaon / Noida
- Do you enjoy winter? Then travel during October – March (night temperature can drop to 8°C (46°F) or even less around.
- Try to avoid traveling during May and June. It gets very hot, can reach up to 44°C (111°F)
- Like Rains? Travel during July – September. But again, unlike South and East India, North India doesn’t get enough rains as it is far from the oceans.
- Kolkata is to the East of India and is close to the Bay of Bengal / Indian Ocean and has a topical warm climate.
- Enjoy winter? Travel during November and February; night temperatures dip to around 9°C in peak winter (48°F)
- May and June gets quite hot (can reach up to 35°C (95°F).
- Heavy rainfall (and humidity) can be experienced between June to August. Try to avoid that time.
- Mumbai has almost stable temperature throughout the year; 16°C (61°F) to 26°C (79°F).
- June to September experiences heavy rain. July alone sees 34 inches of rain! Try avoiding that season. City gets heavy water logging during that time.
- Best time to travel: October to May.
- Chennai is a southern city of India and thus, is close to the equator and has a tropical climate. Also it is a coastal area.
- It remains hot and humid throughout the year, except for a short winter.
- Summer: March – June, reaches 42° Celsius ((107°F) at peak.
- Southwest monsoon comes late here in October – November. During this time, it sometimes gets cyclones also. Hence, it is better to avoid the season.
- Winter season is brief: January – February, and is pleasant at around 20° Celsius (68°F)).
- Kerala is also to the South of India (most south infact), and falls closest to the Equator.
- The temperature thus, is generally hot around the year; rarely drops below 22°C (72°F). At its peak in May and June, it can rise to 34°C (93°F).
- It Sees rains almost throughout the year but mostly between June – August. In September to December, it rains mostly during evening and you can travel during the day.