Best Doctors in India for Liposuction Surgery
- Dr. Anil Behl is an accomplished and skilled plastic surgeon with over 38 years of experience. He has excelled in the field of Burns care, complex reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries.
- He obtained special training in hand surgery in UK (1993-1994) in Craniofacial Surgery at Providence Hospital USA in 1994-95 and in Aesthetic Surgery in USA (2000-2001).
- Dr. Vipul Nanda is known as one of the most reputed plastic surgeons in India and has over 20 years of experience. Dr. Nanda did his MS from AIIMS and MRCS in UK. Following MCh from PGI in 1997 he underwent advanced fellowships under world leaders in cosmetic and plastic surgery in Spain, Japan, U.K. & USA.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Vipul Nanda has presented and published his technique of cleft palate repair and rhinoplasty for cleft patients at various national and international fora which have been acclaimed by his peers.
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar Khazanchi is the Chairman of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery at Medanta.
- With over 25 years of surgical experience, Dr. Rakesh Khazanchi specializes in cosmetic surgery, reconstructive microsurgery, vascular malformations, replantation of amputated parts as well as head and neck reconstruction.
- Dr. Khazanchi has undertaken 22 research projects, has published over 60 papers in national and international journals, and has also contributed over four chapters in textbooks as well as edited and authored a book of Plastic Surgery for General Surgeons.
- Dr. Ramajeet Singh has been one of India’s top dermatologists, who has earned over 20 years of experience.
- He is pioneering the concept of Laser in cosmetology.
- He is an expert in innovative aesthetic makeovers.
- Dr. Ajaya Kashyap is one of the most reputed plastic surgeons in India with over 35 years of experience. He completed his residency in Surgery at Robert Packer Hospital (Guthrie Clinic), Sayre, Pennsylvania, USA. He completed his Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Massachusetts, USA in 1997.
- Dr. Kashyap practices cutting-edge Plastic Surgery including the latest innovations in Minimal Access and Endoscopic Cosmetic Surgery. He also performs state-of-the-art laser procedures, power-assisted liposuction, short scar anatopexices, and the latest techniques in facial cosmetic surgery, rhinoplasty, and body contouring. He also is a leader in reconstructive and hand surgery.
- Dr. Adhishwar Sharma is a reputed plastic surgeon, with an extensive experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- He has been associated with various hospitals like Fortis hospital Noida, Batra Hospital, Metro hospital Faridabad, and Central hospital Faridabad.
- He has an interest in Brachial Plexus reconstruction and lymphedema. He has published articles in various international and national journals. He is a member of various professional bodies.
- Dr. Shahin Nooreyezdan is a well-known plastic surgeon in India with over 30 years of experience. He works as a senior plastic surgeon at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan extensively works on post-cancer reconstruction, burns & microvascular surgery, and re-attaching amputated limbs to improve the aesthetic appeal as well as deformities correction.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan is also attached to various social responsibility events like “Project Hope,” where he helped in recovering and rehabilitating 33 Christian orphans from the Tsunami-affected Nicobar Islands. Dr. Shahin has been the financial support for providing English and Moral Education to deprived children.
- Dr. Sunil Choudhary is the Principal Director & Chief of Plastic Surgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- He has over 28 years of proficient experience in the medical field and has been honored for being the first-ever Indian Plastic Surgeon to be awarded Board Certification by the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery in Bern, Switzerland.
- Dr. Choudhary’s outstanding performance, especially in the field of Aesthetic Surgeries such as face reconstruction and breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and microsurgery has earned him several awards and accolades.
- With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Sanjay Mahendru is a fully qualified aesthetic plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
- He went to receive advanced training in Cosmetic Surgery at the Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery, Melbourne, Australia.
- He was also awarded the Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship in 2008. The fellowship is recognized by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) and is highly sought after the world over.
- Dr. Indrapati Singh is one of the best cosmetic surgeons in India with extensive experience. He works as a senior cosmetic surgeon at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Singh specializes in Plastic, Cosmetic, and Reconstructive Surgery and has over 52 years of combined expertise.
- He has successfully performed plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments on all parts of the body. His surgeries on the head, face, neck, and body improve one’s attractiveness. Aesthetic augmentation/reduction, liposuction, vaginal tightness, body contouring, and even hair transplantation are among the therapies available with him.
Best Hospitals in India for Liposuction Surgery
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a 700-bedded multispecialty hospital in the heart of the capital of India. It is a part of Apollo Hospital group, one of India’s most reputed healthcare chains. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been accredited by Joint Commission International, making it the first internationally accredited hospital in the country in 2005.
- There are 52 specialties in the hospital with one of the best cardiology centers in the country. The hospital is also equipped with State of the art infrastructure facilities with the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and the largest number of ICU bed facilities in India.
- The hospital also has one of the largest dialysis units in India along with a dedicated Bone Marrow Transplant unit.
- The latest and highly advanced technologies that are installed in the hospital include Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, PET-MR, PET-CT, Cobalt-based HDR Brachytherapy, Brain Lab Navigation System, Tilting MRI, Portable CT scanner, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner, DSA Lab, Endosonography, Hyperbaric Chamber and Fibro scan.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with 1000 beds. The hospital comprises reputed clinicians, and international faculty and is also equipped with cutting-edge technology. The hospital is a part of Fortis Healthcare Limited, a reputed chain of private hospitals in India.
- It is a NABH-accredited hospital that is spread across 11 acres of land and has a capacity of 1000 beds. The hospital has 55 specialties and is one of the premier health care centers in the Asia Pacific region popularly known as “the Mecca of Healthcare”.
- The hospital has 260 diagnostic centers and is also equipped with the latest and advanced techniques that include 3 Telsa which is the world’s first Digital MRI technology. The hospital also has world-class Radiation Therapy techniques which have been developed by leading technology experts from Elekta and Brain Lab.
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
- One of India’s best and largest multi-specialty hospitals, Medanta was built with the aim to bring India to the highest standards of medical care. The hospital has been providing the best medical services to its patients, since its inception, with care, commitment, and compassion.
- Equipped with 1250 beds, the hospital was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan in the year 2009 with an aim to provide the best medical care at affordable costs. The hospital is spread across 43 acres and includes 45 operation theatres and 350 beds dedicated solely to ICU. The hospital includes over 800 doctors, and more than 22 specialty departments and has a dedicated floor for individual specialty in order to offer the best services under one roof.
- The hospital is considered one of the premier institutes in India for Cardiac Care and includes staffs and members of high caliber. The hospital has 6 distinct centers of excellence.
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- One of the well-regarded providers in India committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and patient care, Max Super Specialty Hospital is a part of Max Healthcare, which is the second-largest healthcare chain in India. Regarded as one of the most well-regarded healthcare providers in the country, Max Super Specialty Hospital is committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence as well as patient care. The hospital is also equipped with the latest technology as well as cutting-edge research. The hospital is known to deliver and ensure the highest level of patient care.
- The hospital has more than 500 beds and offers treatment for over 35 specialties. The hospital also holds the credit of having installed the first Brain Suite in Asia. This is a highly advanced Neurosurgical machine that allows MRI to be taken while surgery is ongoing.
- Other advanced and latest technologies are also installed in the hospital such as the 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, 64 Slice CT Angiography, 4D ECHO, LINAC, and 3.5T MRI machine.
Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi
- Over the last 33 years, the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute has set new standards in cardiac treatment with groundbreaking research. It is now known around the world as a centre of expertise for Cardiac Bypass Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Non-invasive Cardiology, Paediatric Cardiology, and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- The hospital has cutting-edge laboratories that perform a wide range of diagnostic tests in Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Biochemistry, Haematology, Transfusion Medicine, and Microbiology.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute boasts a diverse group of bright and experienced doctors who are backed up by a team of highly qualified, experienced, and devoted support professionals as well as cutting-edge equipment such as the recently installed Dual CT Scan.
- Approximately 200 cardiac doctors and 1600 personnel currently collaborate to manage over 14,500 admissions and 7,200 emergency situations each year. The hospital now has a 310-bed infrastructure, as well as five cath labs and a slew of other world-class amenities.
Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
Rela Hospital, Chennai
- RIMC is a multi-specialty hospital in a sprawling area of 36 acres located in Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The facility has 450 beds including 130 critical care beds, 9 operating rooms, modern reference laboratories and radiology services, and is conveniently located near road, rail and air transportation.
- RIMC is led and managed by world-renowned physicians committed to healthcare.
- RIMC offers the broadest range of clinical care, education, and research. The hospital offers state-of-the-art technology and modern treatment facilities designed to provide health care at an affordable cost.
- Rela Institute is driven by patient needs, comfort and confidence.
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- One of the most well-known hospitals in the Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital is the first hospital in Gurugram to get accredited by the Joint Commission International.
- With more than 40 specialties, the hospital has been designed to be one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the country, with the best medical and surgical health care. The hospital has eleven special and dedicated centers, for Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences, etc.
- The latest technologies in the hospital include Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite and Flat panel Cath Labs for the cardiovascular department, 3 Tesla MRI, 16 slice PET CT, 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, HDR Brachytherapy, and highly advanced Image Guided Radiation Therapy techniques (LINAC) are installed in the hospital.
- The hospital has won several awards as well, since its inception.
BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with 650 beds, BLK Superspecialty Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi. With over 1500 healthcare providers and 150 globally renowned super specialists, the hospital is one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centres. The hospital is known for having some of the best cancer doctors in the country.
- The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited and was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. It is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in India which was spread across 5 acres and has a capacity of 650 beds.
- The hospital has 80 consultation rooms spread across two floors, especially for OPD services.
- With one of the largest critical care programs, the hospital is equipped with 125 ICU beds specifically dedicated to the surgical, medical, neonatal, cardiac, pediatric, neuroscience and organ transplant units.
CARE Hospitals, Hyderabad
- CARE Hospitals were established in the year 2000, by CARE Group.
- The multispecialty hospital has 435 beds, including 120 critical care beds, with an annual inflow of 180000 outpatients and 16,000 in-patients.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nephrology, and Urology.
- The hospital has the first dual source, 128 slice CT scanner (for high precision cardiac imaging) – the first of its kind in south India.
- The hospital offers a wide range of accommodation facilities for the convenience of its varied patient base, ranging from general wards to super deluxe rooms.
Liposuction, which is also termed as lipectomy, lipoplasty or liposculpture suction, is a type of cosmetic procedure, which can break up and suck the fat out of the body. It can be used to remove fat from body parts such as the abdomen, neck, buttocks, chin, back, etc. The fat is removed using a hollow instrument known as a cannula, inserted under the skin, after which a powerful, high-pressure vacuum is applied to it. The procedure is carried out under general anesthesia.
Though liposuction can permanently remove fat cells in one’s body, which will alter the body shape, one needs to remember that if the patient refuses to lead a healthy lifestyle after the operation, there is a huge risk that the remaining fat cells will grow even bigger. Though there are some risks in this operation, it is linked to the amount of fat that was removed during the procedure. After the procedure, the skin molds itself to the new contours of the areas which were treated. If your skin tone and elasticity are good, the skin will likely appear smooth. However, if you have thin skin with poor elasticity, the skin in the treated areas might appear loose.
To be able to go through liposuction, it is important that you are in good health without conditions that might cause complications to the procedure. If you have conditions such as diabetes, weak immunity, restricted blood flow or coronary artery disease, complications might likely occur.
Why it is done
People who go through this procedure have more body weight than normal. Therefore, they use it to remove undesirable fat deposits in some specific body parts. However, liposuction should not be considered a treatment for obesity or an overall weight-loss method.
The main purpose of liposuction is to improve the appearance rather than to provide benefits to physical health. The same or even better results can be achieved through a healthy lifestyle, a healthy balanced diet, exercising regularly and proper sleep. Liposuction is advisable only if lifestyle changes have been unable to achieve the results which one was expected. Before one goes for the operation, proper consultation with the doctor is highly recommended.
Before the procedure, it is important that you discuss with your surgeon regarding your expectations from the procedure. Your surgeon will review your medical history and ask you regarding any medical conditions which you might be having and any medications, herbs or supplements that you might use. Your surgeon might also ask that you stop taking certain medications such as NSAIDs, at least around three weeks before the procedure is performed.
If only a small amount of fat needs to be removed, your procedure can be done in an office setting. But if a large amount needs to be removed, the procedure has to be done in a hospital, and it will require you to stay overnight as well. In either case, you should consider arranging someone who can drive you home and can stay with you for at least the first night after the procedure.
Types of Liposuction
Tumescent Liposuction is known to be the most common type of liposuction. The surgeon first injects a sterile solution, which is a mixture of saltwater to aid in removing the fat, an anesthetic to relieve the patient’s pain and a drug that will make the blood vessels constrict into the areas that are being treated. Due to the mixture, the affected areas might swell and stiffen.
After this, the surgeon makes small cuts into the patient’s skin after which he inserts a cannula, a thin tube into the skin. This is connected to a vacuum that will suction the fat and fluids from the body. Your body fluid can also be replenished through an intravenous line.
Laser-assisted liposuction is another technique that uses high-intensity laser light which breaks down the fat to remove them. During this technique, the surgeon inserts a laser fiber through an incision in the skin and emulsifies the fat deposits. After this, a cannula is used to remove the fat.
Power-assisted liposuction is another type of liposuction in where the surgeon uses a cannula which moves in a rapid back-and-forth motion. Due to this vibration, the surgeon can pull out tough fat far more easily as well as faster. This method also involves less pain and swelling and allows your surgeon to remove the fat more precisely. This technique is usually used when you have large volumes of fat that require removal.
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is a type of liposuction is used in conjunction with the traditional liposuction method. During this method, the surgeon inserts a metal rod, which emits ultrasonic energy under the skin. This can rupture the fat-cell walls, resulting in the breaking down of the fat, making them easy to remove.
During the procedure
Some liposuction procedures might require only local or regional anesthesia, as anesthesia is limited to specific areas of the body. However, other procedures can require general anesthesia, which can induce a temporary state of unconsciousness. You might receive a sedative, through a IV injection, so that you can remain calm as well as relaxed.
Your heart rate will be closely monitored by the surgical team, along with your blood pressure and blood oxygen level throughout the procedure. If you were given local anesthesia, and you feel pain during your procedure, inform your surgeon, as your medication or motions may require adjustment. Depending on the fat that needs removal, the procedure can last up to several hours.
If you were administered general anesthesia, you will wake up in the recovery room. If you are in a hospital, you might need to stay overnight to make sure that you’re not dehydrated or in shock due to the fluid loss.
After the procedure, the swelling should subside within a few weeks. The treated area will look less bulky over time. Within several months, you can expect the treated area to have a much leaner appearance.
Though it is natural for the skin to lose some firmness with aging, liposuction generally gives long-lasting results if you are able to maintain your weight.
There are also a few risks of this procedure, which might result in some complications or side effects. They include:
- Severe bruising which can last up to several weeks.
- Numbness in the affected area for a while, but this is temporary
- Inflammation and swelling which can take up to 6 months to settle
- Thrombophlebitis, a blood clot which forms in a vein can also cause inflammation
- If there is poor skin elasticity or if the fat removal has been uneven, it is possible that the skin can appear withered, wavy, or bumpy.
- Anesthesia involves a small risk of death as well.
- Although it is rare, a skin infection can sometimes occur after the liposuction procedure. This needs to be treated surgically though, with the risk of scarring.
- Although very rare, sometimes liposuction can cause puncture of internal organs.
- Sometimes as the fluids are injected or suctioned, there is a change in the body’s fluid levels, which can cause kidney or heart problems.
- Sometimes, when fluid is injected into the body, it can accumulate in the lungs, which is called pulmonary edema.
- Sometimes, fat can get into the blood vessels, and travel into the lungs, which can block the circulation. Know as pulmonary embolism, this can be quite dangerous life-threatening.
- The cannula movement can sometimes lead to friction burns to the skin or the nerves.