Designation of Dr. Santanu Sen
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Santanu Sen
- Dr. Santanu Sen is among the top-rated pediatric oncologists in India and is highly skilled in the treatment of brain, blood, bone cancer, and other types of blood disorders in children.
- He holds extensive experience of more than 30 years in the field of Pediatric Oncology during which he has taken up and treated several cases of malignant and benign tumors in children.
- A devoted oncologist, Dr. Sen has been associated with one of the renowned cancer hospitals in the world, the Royal Marsden Hospital in London. The hospital is credited with providing the best treatment for Leukemia, Lymphoma, brain cancers, blood disorders, and pediatric cancers along with bone marrow transplant procedures for pediatrics.
- He is currently associated as a Consultant with Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai where he also heads the Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Program. This program holds the credit for performing Stem Cell Transplants on the youngest baby in the world (4 months for Neuroblastoma) as well as the youngest Thalassemia transplant in India (9-month-old baby).
- Dr. Sen finds his interest mainly in the treatment of pediatric patients with Leukemia, Lymphoma, brain tumors, and other types of blood disorders.
- He is among the few pediatric oncologists in India who not only treat blood-related diseases but also is an expert in the treatment of bone and brain tumors.
- Dr. Santanu Sen has been closely associated with several renowned medical and oncology organizations and holds memberships in several such associations.
- He actively participates in cancer awareness programs and campaigns and is regularly invited to attend seminars and conferences for Pediatric Oncology in different parts of the world.
Dr. Santanu Sen’s Expertise
- Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation and Stem Cell Transplantation
- Autologous, Allogenic, and Haploidentical Transplants for Thalassemia patients
- Aplastic Anemia, Sickle Cell Disease
- Resistant Cancers, Relapsed Leukemia and Lymphoma
- Relapsed and resistant Ewings Tumor, Osteosarcoma, and other bone tumors
- Anemia, Hemophilia, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Haemophagocytic Lympho Histiocytosis, Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis
- Benign Hematological conditions and other types of blood disorders
- Neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor, Rhabdomyosarcoma, soft tissue sarcomas
Work Experience of Dr. Santanu Sen
- Consultant of Pediatric Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai since 2009
- Consultant of Pediatric Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation at Royal Marsden Hospital, London from 1998 to 2009
Dr. Santanu Sen’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Burdwan Medical College and Hospital, West Bengal in 1990
- Diploma in Child Health
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, London
- Fellowship in Pediatric Oncology from Royal Victoria Infirmity, Newcastle
- Fellowship in Pediatric Oncology from Royal Marsden Hospital, London
- Fellowship in Stem Cell Transplantation, New Castle General Hospital, UK
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), Pediatrics, UK
Memberships of Dr. Santanu Sen
- International Society of Pediatric Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Children Cancer and Leukemia Group, UK
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- General Medical Council, UK
- Royal College of Physicians
- Association of Medical Consultants
Other Professional Highlights of Dr. Santanu Sen
- Executive Council Representative of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (Mumbai Branch)
- West Zonal Executive Council Representative of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Chapter)
- Examiner for Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health, UK
- Examiner for College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai