Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sameer Kaushal
- Dr. Sameer Kaushal is a qualified eye surgeon who graduated from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. After completing his graduation as well as post-graduation from the institute, he spent a few years in the Cornea, Cataract, and Refractive Surgery Unit of the institute gaining expertise in the treatment of eye diseases, especially corneal disorders.
- Dr. Kaushal also gained valuable experience in performing various eye surgeries, especially anterior segment surgeries including phaco surgery for cataracts, LASIK, and corneal transplantation. His expertise extends to the latest treatment modalities which include sutureless corneal transplants and artificial corneas.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Sameer Kaushal has also been involved in teaching as well as research activities. He has multiple research papers published in various international journals. He has pioneered new techniques including new surgical procedures and minimally invasive treatments. He has also co-authored books concerning corneal transplantation, corneal transplant as well as LASIK surgery.
Dr. Sameer Kaushal’s Expertise
- Cataract surgery including Phacoemulsification with IOL and pediatric cataract
- Laser Vision Correction including LASIK
- Ocular Surface Disorders including ocular allergies and Dry Eyes
- Pediatric ocular disorders especially pediatric cataracts
- Phakic IOLs
- Refractive surgeries including LASIK and Phakic IOLs
- Treatment of Corneal disorders
Work Experience of Dr. Sameer Kaushal
- Dr. Sameer Kaushal has been working at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram since 2008
Dr. Sameer Kaushal’s Qualifications
- DNB – Ophthalmology from National Board of Examination, New Delhi
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Senior Residency – Dr. R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences in the Cornea, Cataract, and Refractive Surgery Unit
Memberships of Dr. Sameer Kaushal
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- All India Ophthalmological Society
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Sameer Kaushal
- Apart from various scientific research publications in International journals, also co-authored books on LASIK, Corneal transplantation, and surgical video DVD in the book “Management of Corneal Ulcer”
- Teaching faculty at various National workshops on the cornea.