Dr. Sameer Kaushal
Consultant – Ophthalmology
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Dr. Sameer Kaushal is a qualified eye surgeon who graduated from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. After completion of his graduation as well as post graduation from the institute, he spent a few years in the Cornea, Cataract, and Refractive Surgery Unit of the institute gaining expertise in treatment of eye disease especially corneal disorders.
- He also gained valuable experience in performing various eye surgeries especially anterior segment surgeries including phaco surgery for cataract, LASIK and corneal transplantation. His expertise extends to the latest treatment modalities which includes sutureless corneal transplants and artificial corneas.
- Throughout his career, he has also been involved in teaching as well as research activities. He has multiple research papers published in various international journals. He has pioneered new techniques including new surgical procedures and minimally invasive treatments. He has also co-authored books concerning corneal transplantation, corneal transplant as well as LASIK surgery.
- Treatment of Corneal disorders
- Ocular Surface Disorders including ocular allergies and Dry Eyes
- Refractive surgeries including LASIK and Phakic IOLs
- Paediatric ocular disorders especially paediatric cataracts
- Cataract surgery including Phacoemulsification with IOL and pediatric cataract
- Laser Vision Correction including LASIK
- Phakic IOLs
- Diplomate of National Board (D.N.B.) in Ophthalmology – National Board of Examination, New Delhi
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Senior Residency, Dr R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences in the Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Surgery Unit
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- All India Ophthalmological Society
Awards & Recognitions
Apart from various scientific research publications in International journals, also co-authored books on LASIK, Corneal transplantation and surgical video DVD in book “Management of Corneal Ulcer”
Teaching faculty at various National workshops on cornea.