Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sonika Gupta
- Dr. Sonika Gupta is a practicing ophthalmologist with around 30 years of experience. She pursued her MBBS in the year 1991 from Aligarh Muslim University. She completed her MS in the year 1995 from the same University. She has also done her Fellowship in the year 1996 from the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO).
- Known as an experienced, skilled, and awarded doctor in her field of specialization, Dr. Gupta has also received a few awards including the Max Healthcare Award for Outstanding Performance and Max Healthcare Award for NABH Assessment.
- Known to be specialized in cataract surgery, LASIK surgery as well as cornea transplant surgery, Dr. Sonika Gupta is also adept at performing various eye surgeries including Cataract surgery by PHACO, Micro PHACO, LASIK Laser, PRK, Cornea transplants, C3R, other cornea, and anterior segment surgeries and lasers.
- She had undergone Observership and advanced course in PHACO, Corneal diseases, Eye Banking, and LASIK at Cornea & Laser Eye Institute, Tea Neck, New Jersey, USA
Work Experience of Dr. Sonika Gupta
- Faculty & Assistant Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology, Govt. Medical College & Hospital (GMCH), Chandigarh
- Consultant-In-Charge of Cataract, Cornea & Refractive and Eye Banking Services of the Department
Dr. Sonika Gupta’s Qualifications
- Fellowship – International Council of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship – Cornea & Laser Eye Institute
- MS (Ophthalmology) from Aligarh Muslim University
- MBBS from Aligarh Muslim University
Memberships of Dr. Sonika Gupta
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- Strabismological Society of India
- Noida Ophthalmological Society
- North Zone Ophthalmological Society
- Chandigarh Ophthalmological Society
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Sonika Gupta
- Max Healthcare Award for Outstanding Performance
- Max Healthcare Award for NABH Assessment