Profile Snapshot of Dr. Nikhil Pal
- Dr. Nikhil Pal did a vitreoretinal fellowship from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA.
- As a Senior resident, Dr. Nikhil Pal has independently performed various basic as well as advanced Vitreoretinal surgeries including retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage, macular hole, dropped nucleus removal, and gained expertise in medical retina involving Fluorescein angiography/Lasers for diabetic retinopathy, ARMD, vasculitis, ROP and Phacoemulsification, cataract surgery among others.
- In addition to being committed to his duties, Dr. Nikhil Pal spends much of his time keeping informed of current developments in medical research.
- Dr. Nikhil Pal is working as a Senior Consultant, in Ophthalmology in the top multi-specialty hospitals in New Delhi for nearly a decade and has expertise in the medical and surgical management of various vitreoretinal diseases.
- He has been involved in organizing eye camps and giving lectures on “Diabetic Retinopathy” which is becoming a global epidemic. He also performs TV public education discussions on various topics.
Dr. Nikhil Pal’s Expertise
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Avastin Injections
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Checkup
- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening/ Treatment
- Eye Surgery
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography
- Glaucoma Evaluation / Treatment
- LASIK Eye Surgery
- Phacoemulsification Surgery
- Retinal Detachment Surgery
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Yag Iridotomy
Work Experience of Dr. Nikhil Pal
- 2014 – Present; Senior Vitreoretinal Consultant at Max Super Speciality Hospital
- 2006 – Present; Senior Vitreoretinal Consultant at MM Eyetech Institute
- 2006 – Present; Senior Vitreoretinal Consultant at Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre
- 2006 – 2014; Senior Vitreoretinal Consultant at Fortis FLRD Hospital
- 2012 – Present; Senior Vitreoretinal Consultant at Spectra Eye Centre
Dr. Nikhil Pal’s Qualifications
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1999
- MD – Ophthalmology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 2002
Memberships of Dr. Nikhil Pal
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS)
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Delhi Medical Council
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Nikhil Pal
- Archives of Ophthalmology Web Quiz Winner in May 2004
- RP Centre ORA Quiz Award for a best resident in 2002
- All India Ophthalmology Society National Ophthalmic Quiz Winner in 2005