- Dr. S K Rajan is a renowned Neurosurgeon in Gurgaon and is an AO International Certified spine surgeon.
- He specializes in open as well as minimally invasive spinal surgeries and has performed over 3000 complex spinal surgeries for diseases and disorders.
- His expertise lies in Craniovertebral Junction and Lumbosacral Junction surgeries and is also an expert in spinal fracture surgeries, slipped discs, canal stenosis and surgery for spinal tumors and spinal tuberculosis.
- He holds an extensive experience of 15+ years during which he has performed numerous complex and high risk spinal surgeries.
- He is highly trained in all forms of spinal surgeries and holds Fellowship of the International World Federation of Neurosurgeons which has been achieved by very few surgeons in the world.
- Dr. Rajan is known to use MISS for his procedures in order to reduce the recovery time as well minimize the incision and cuts.
- He is well known throughout the world in the field of Neurosurgery for his innovative surgical techniques in the treatment of complex spinal disorders primarily for craniovertebral and lumbosacral junctions.
- He is member of various medical associations and is regularly invited to scientific conferences and seminars all over the world to deliver talks and lectures.
- He has presented numerous papers in global neurosurgical and spine surgery platforms and meetings and has received appreciations from his peers as well.
- Dr. Rajan has also attended workshops where he has demonstrated live surgeries for the purpose of teaching young spinal surgeons.
- He has to his credit numerous publications in renowned national and international journals and has also written text books on spine surgeries.
- Spine surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS)
- Spinal Disc Surgery
- Spine Fractures fixation
- Surgery for spinal tumors and trauma
- Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty
- Endoscopic spine surgery
- Correction surgery for Kyphosis and Scoliosis
- Spinal Tuberculosis surgery
- Artificial disc replacement surgery
- Associate Chief – Neurosurgery & Head – Neuro Spine – Neurosurgery at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon, since 2016
- Head of Neurosurgery at Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, New Delhi from 2012 to 2016
- Professor of Brain and Spine Surgery at V M Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi from 2009 to 2012
- Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spinal Surgery at G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi from 2004 to 2009
- MBBS from Government Medical College and Hospital, Patiala, 1999
- MS in General Surgery from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 2002
- MCh in Neurosurgery from G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi, 2007
- Fellow of the International World Federation of Neurosurgeons
- Royal National Orthopedic Hospital, UK
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UK
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, USA
- Cleveland Clinic Spine Institute, USA
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- KEM hospital and G S Seth Medical College
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Neurological Society of India
- Neurological Surgeons Society of India
- Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association of India
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons of India
- North American Spine Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the National Healthcare Excellence Award for the Best Neuroscience team of the year in 2016
- Received the “Leaders Award” for Treatment of Spinal Disorders in 2015
- Received the Global Healthcare Excellence Award for Excellence in Spine Surgery in 2014