Designation of Dr. S K Rajan
Dr. S K Rajan
Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon
Chief – Neuro Spine Surgery & Additional Director – Neurosurgery
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. S K Rajan
- Dr. S K Rajan is a renowned Neurosurgeon in Gurugram and is an AO International Certified spine surgeon.
- He specializes in open as well as minimally invasive spinal surgeries and has performed over 3000 complex spinal surgeries for diseases and disorders.
- Dr. S K Rajan’s expertise lies in Craniovertebral Junction and Lumbosacral Junction surgeries and is also an expert in spinal fracture surgeries, slipped discs, canal stenosis, and surgery for spinal tumors and spinal tuberculosis.
- He holds an extensive experience of 15+ years during which he has performed numerous complex and high-risk spinal surgeries.
- He is highly trained in all forms of spinal surgeries and holds a Fellowship of the International World Federation of Neurosurgeons which has been achieved by very few surgeons in the world.
- Dr. Rajan is known to use MISS for his procedures in order to reduce the recovery time as well as minimize the incision and cuts.
- He is well known throughout the world in the field of Neurosurgery for his innovative surgical techniques in the treatment of complex spinal disorders primarily for craniovertebral and lumbosacral junctions.
- Dr. S K Rajan is a member of various medical associations and is regularly invited to scientific conferences and seminars all over the world to deliver talks and lectures.
- He has presented numerous papers in global neurosurgical and spine surgery platforms and meetings and has received appreciation from his peers as well.
- Dr. Rajan has also attended workshops where he has demonstrated live surgeries for the purpose of teaching young spinal surgeons.
- He has to his credit numerous publications in renowned national and international journals and has also written textbooks on spine surgeries.
Dr. S K Rajan’s Expertise
- Artificial disc replacement surgery
- Correction surgery for Kyphosis and Scoliosis
- Endoscopic spine surgery
- Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS)
- Spinal Disc Surgery
- Spinal Tuberculosis surgery
- Spine Fractures fixation
- Spine surgeries
- Surgery for spinal tumors and trauma
Work Experience of Dr. S K Rajan
- Chief – Neuro Spine Surgery & Additional Director – Neurosurgery at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram, since 2016
- Head of Neurosurgery at Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, New Delhi from 2012 to 2016
- Professor of Brain and Spine Surgery at V M Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi from 2009 to 2012
- Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spinal Surgery at G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi from 2004 to 2009
Dr. S K Rajan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Government Medical College and Hospital, Patiala in 1999
- MS in General Surgery from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh in 2002
- MCh in Neurosurgery from G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi in 2007
- Fellow of the International World Federation of Neurosurgeons
Fellowships of Dr. S K Rajan
- Royal National Orthopedic Hospital, UK
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UK
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, USA
- Cleveland Clinic Spine Institute, USA
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre
- KEM hospital and G S Seth Medical College
Memberships of Dr. S K Rajan
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Neurological Society of India
- Neurological Surgeons Society of India
- Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association of India
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeons of India
- North American Spine Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. S K Rajan
- Received the National Healthcare Excellence Award for the Best Neuroscience team of the year in 2016
- Received the “Leaders Award” for Treatment of Spinal Disorders in 2015
- Received the Global Healthcare Excellence Award for Excellence in Spine Surgery in 2014