Designation of Dr. Rahul Chandola
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rahul Chandola
- Dr. Rahul Chandola is a renowned cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon in India specializing in Adult CTVS along with heart and lung transplant surgeries.
- He possesses an overall experience of over 2 decades in cardiac surgeries during which he has been associated with several renowned hospitals across the country such as Global Hospital, Fortis Escorts, Apollo, and CARE Hospitals.
- He is an expert heart and lung transplant surgeon and has performed over 100 heart transplant surgeries with successful results in both adult and pediatric patients.
- Dr. Rahul Chandola is among the few cardiac surgeons in India with excellent skills in lung transplant surgeries and has performed both living donor and cadaveric donor lung transplants. He is also an expert in double lung transplantation, off-pump single transplantation, EVLP, and bilateral lung transplant through midline sternotomies.
- Dr. Chandola acquired his knowledge and expertise from his training which he attained from prestigious cardiac institutions in India, Germany, and Canada.
- Along with his practice, he has also worked as a faculty and lecturer and has trained young surgeons in various cardiothoracic and vascular procedures.
- Dr. Rahul Chandola has immense expertise in the field of CTVS and Heart and Lung transplants and has been an invitee to several medical conferences and meetings both on the national and international scale.
- He has presented papers and articles on his research in cardiac diseases along with providing new and better techniques for the treatment of lung and heart transplant patients.
- A member of several prestigious associations, Dr. Chandola has numerous publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals. He has also contributed chapters in several medical textbooks for cardiology and cardiac surgery.
Dr. Rahul Chandola’s Expertise
- Adult and pediatric heart and lung transplantation
- Adult complex heart surgeries
- Aortic root reconstruction surgery
- ASD and VSD Closure
- Cadaveric donor lung transplantation- cardio-circulatory death and neurologic determination of death
- Complex congenital heart surgeries
- Ex Vivo Lung Perfusion (EVLP)
- Heart valve repair and replacement surgery
- Implantation of heart devices- Transcatheter Aortic Valve implantation, Ventricular Assist Device
- Living donor lung transplantation
- Midline sternotomies bilateral lung transplant
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgeries
- Off-pump single and double lung transplant
Work Experience of Dr. Rahul Chandola
- Associate Director of CTVS and Heart and Lung Transplant at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket since 2018
- Senior Consultant of Adult Cardiac Surgery and Heart and Lung Transplant at CARE Hospitals, Hi-tech City, Hyderabad
- Senior Consultant of Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Junior Consultant of Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi from 2007 to 2009
- Junior Consultant of Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi from 2006 to 2007
- Lecturer of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery at Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun from 2005 to 2006
- Registrar of Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi in 2002
Dr. Rahul Chandola’s Qualifications
- MBBS from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University in 1997
- MS in General Surgery from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University in 2000
- MCh in Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery from Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College, Kanpur in 2005
Fellowship & Training done by Dr. Rahul Chandola
- Cardiac Surgery from Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany in 2006
- Cardio-Vascular Surgery, Heart Transplantation, and VADs from Toronto General Hospital, Canada in 2011
- Advanced Cardio Vascular Surgery from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Canada in 2013
- Heart and Lung Transplantation and Ventricular Assist Device from University of Alberta, Canada in 2014
Memberships of Dr. Rahul Chandola
- Indian Association of Cardio-Vascular Surgery
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Canadian Cardio Vascular Society
- Asian Cardio Vascular Society
- American Association of Thoracic Surgery