Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rahul Bhargava
- Dr. Rahul Bhargava is a leading Hematologist and Bone Marrow Transplant specialist currently working in FMRI, Gurugram.
- He specializes in Haploidentical and unrelated match transplants and has performed over 400 Bone Marrow Transplants.
- He became the first doctor in India to introduce a Stem Cell Transplant for Multiple Sclerosis in 2016.
- Dr. Rahul Bhargava has an experience of more than 20 years in Hematology, Pediatric Hemato Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplant during which he has performed numerous BMTs with successful outcomes.
- He has international training in Voluntary Stem Cell and Umbilical cord transplants which he attained from Vancouver in Canada.
- Before joining FMRI, Dr. Bhargava was associated with Medanta and Artemis which are premier hospitals for cancer care in India. He had a major role in setting up the BMT and Hematology department in the said hospitals.
- Dr. Bhargava has revolutionized BMT and Hematology in India by setting up 8 low-cost stem cell transplant units in various hospitals all over India.
- With his team of oncology specialists, Dr. Rahul Bhargava performed the first Haploidentical Stem Cell transplant on a Fanconi Anemia patient in India.
- He is constantly involved in research work and has published several papers, articles, and abstracts in renowned national and international scientific journals.
- He is regularly invited as a faculty to speak at national and international seminars and conferences both in India and abroad.
Work Experience of Dr. Rahul Bhargava
- Principal Director – Hemato-Oncology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram since 2017
- Head of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram from 2013 to 2016
- Consultant of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram from 2011 to 2013
- Senior Resident of Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant at Christian Medical College, Vellore from 2005 to 2006
Dr. Rahul Bhargava’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, 1995
- MD in General Medicine from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, 2005
- DM in Clinical Hematology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, 2009
- Advanced Fellowship in Unrelated and Haploidentical Transplant from Vancouver, Canada, 2009
- Training in Stem Cell and Umbilical Cord transplantation from Vancouver General Hospital, Canada
Memberships of Dr. Rahul Bhargava
- Founder member of Delhi Hematology Group
- Indian Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- International Society of Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Hemato Oncology Society
- American Society of Pediatric Hemato Oncology
- American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant
- Delhi Medical Council
- Rajasthan Medical Council