- Dr. Prahraj S S is a leading Neurosurgeon in South India with more than 2 decades of experience in neurosurgery and spine surgery.
- He specializes in all types of neurological surgeries and has performed over 6000 neurosurgeries till date along with complex cranial and spine surgeries.
- His area of expertise includes Micro neurosurgery, craniofacial reconstruction surgery, skull base surgery, spinal surgery and instrumentation, spinal disorders and critical care management for head injury and trauma.
- He is one of the most renowned neurosurgeons in the country and has provided his services to some of the premier medical institutes in India such as NIMHANS where he performed a large number of spinal surgeries.
- Dr. Prahraj is also active in the field of research and has more than 20 publications to his credit in renowned medical journals and magazines. Several of his papers are based on critical care management of head injury and have earned him several awards and appreciations as well.
- He holds memberships of renowned medical organizations and regularly attends conferences and seminars. He has presented numerous papers on such national and international meetings and has also received awards for the same.
- Skull base Reconstruction and Resection
- Spine surgery and instrumentation
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Craniofacial reconstruction surgery
- Endoscopic Pituitary surgery
- Micro neurosurgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Cervical lateral mass fixation
- Anterior cervical plate and screw fixation
- Posterior lumbar inter-body fixations
- Transthoracic fixations
- Thoracolumbar transpedicular fixations
- Additional Director of Neurosurgery and Spine surgery at Fortis Hospital Banerghatta, Bangalore, Presently
- Additional, Associate and Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore from 1995 to 2006
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1995
- Registrar of Neurosurgery at the New Castle General Hospital, UK from 1994 to 1995
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore from 1993 to 1994
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Sehgal Neurological Research Institute, New Delhi, 1992
- MBBS from G R Medical College, Gwalior, 1984
- MS in General Surgery from G R Medical College, Gwalior, 1988
- DNB in Neurosurgery from the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 1992
- MCh in Neurosurgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Science and Technology, Trivandrum, 1992
- Fellowship training in Neurosurgery from New Castle
- Fellowship training in Neurotrauma from USA
- Neurological Society of India
- Neuro-ontological Society of India
- Asian Congress of Neurosurgeons
Awards and Recognitions
- Received the Best paper Award at the Annual British Neurological Research Conference, UK in 1995
- Received the Best Poster Award at the 46th Annual Neurological Society of India Conference in 1996
- Chosen as the Neurological Update for Young Neurosurgeons of Asia, Japan in 1998