Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rakesh P Gopal
- Dr. Rakesh P Gopal is an Interventional Cardiologist with nearly 22+ years of experience.
- He has done outstanding work in Interventions for Valvular Heart Disease, Mitral, Aortic, Pulmonary Balloon Valvotomy, and Initiation for Trans Aortic Valve replacement.
- He is the editor of the book Cardiovascular Interventional Trials Update, published by Mathew Foundation and Asia Pacific Interventional Cardiology India Educational Trust.
- Dr. Gopal is a firm believer in the No Re-use idea of disposable materials in interventional procedures.
Dr. Rakesh P Gopal’s Expertise
- Carotid Interventions
- Chronic Total Occlusions
- Cutting Balloon
- Distal Protection Devices
- Expertise in limb salvage procedures and below popliteal disease angioplasty
- Graft Interventions and Primary PCI
- IABP assisted procedures
- Initiation for Trans Aortic Valve replacement
- Interventions for Valvular Heart Disease
- Left Main Stenting
- Mitral, Aortic, Pulmonary Balloon Valvotomy
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Renal Angioplasty
- Rotablation, Bifurcation Angioplasty
Work Experience of Dr. Rakesh P Gopal
- Dr. Rakesh P Gopal is having 22 years of experience in Cardiology
- He has been working in Apollo Cancer Centre Hospital since 2006 as the lead Cardiologist.
- Previously, he held the position of Director of Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Catheterization in 2001.
- He has been a visiting lecturer in many medical universities abroad.
Dr. Rakesh P Gopal’s Qualifications
- MD (Medicine)
- DM (Cardiology)
- DNB (Cardiology)
Memberships of Dr. Rakesh P Gopal
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- American College of Cardiology
- European Society of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Cardiological Society of India
- Asia Pacific Society for Interventional Cardiology
Publications of Dr. Rakesh P Gopal
- Dr. Rakesh P Gopal has himself edited the book Cardiovascular Interventional Trials Update published by Asia Pacific Interventional Cardiology India Educational Trust and Mathew Foundation.