Designation of Dr. Praveen K S
Dr. Praveen K S
Senior Consultant – Neurosurgery
Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Praveen K S
- Dr. Praveen K S is a highly qualified neurosurgeon with over a decade of experience in handling all kinds of neurological diseases and disorders.
- He specializes in Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neuro-Oncology, Endoscopic neurosurgery, Aneurysms, and Neuro- Trauma and has performed over 4000 neurosurgeries in his career.
- Dr. Praveen K S is also an expert in neuro spinal surgeries and has handled several complex neurological cases by providing excellent outcomes.
- He is one of the few neurosurgeons in India specializing in pediatric neurosurgery and has performed surgeries on pediatric patients for different types of brain and spinal complexities.
- Dr. Praveen actively organizes medical camps and attends workshops all over Karnataka to provide treatment to patients with neurological disorders. He works with the motive of providing the best and most affordable treatment to all his patients without compromising on quality.
- Dr. Praveen has attended conferences, seminars, CMEs, and has presented papers on various subjects of neurosurgery and has been highly appreciated by his colleagues and peers.
Dr. K S Praveen’s Expertise
- Brain and spinal tumor surgery
- Brain and spine Minimal Access surgery
- Colloid cyst excision
- Complex neurosurgical instrumentation
- Endoscopic CSF leak repairs
- Endoscopic endonasal pituitary tumor excision
- Extradural, intradural, and extramedullary tumor removal surgeries
- Intraventricular parasitic cyst removal
- Management of complex head injuries
- Microdiscectomy of the lumbar and cervical spine
- Microsurgical clipping of aneurysms
- Neuro Vascular Surgery
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Peripheral nerve decompression
Work Experience of Dr. Praveen K S
- Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru since 2017
- Visiting Consultant of Neurosurgery at Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Bengaluru since 2015
- Visiting Consultant of Neurosurgery at Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore since 2013
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru from 2012 to 2017
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai from 2010 to 2011
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Vikram Hospital Private Limited, Mysore from 2009 to 2010
- Independent Consultant of Neurosurgery in Mysore from 2008 to 2009
Dr. K S Praveen’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute in 2000
- MS in General Surgery from Stanley Medical College, Chennai in 2004
- DNB in General Surgery from National Board of examinations, New Delhi in 2004
- MCh in Neurosurgery from the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore in 2008
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery from Diakonie Klinikum, University of Tubingen, Stuttgart in 2015
Memberships of Dr. Praveen K S
- Neurological Society of India
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Bangalore Neurological Society