Designation of Dr. Hitesh Garg
Dr. Hitesh Garg
Orthopedic Surgeon and Spine Surgeon
Head – Ortho Spine Surgery
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Hitesh Garg
- Dr. Hitesh Garg is one of the best spine surgeons in Gurugram.
- He gained 15 years of experience working with several premier healthcare centers across countries.
- Presently, he is the chief of the Ortho-Spine surgery division at Artemis Hospital in Gurugram.
- He has a strong academic interest. Dr. Hitesh Garg has completed fellowships in spine surgery at Yale University in the United States, pediatric spine surgery at Shriners Hospital in the United States, and joint replacement at AIIMS.
- He has published articles nationally and internationally and also wrote chapters on spine surgery in textbooks.
- Dr. Hitesh Garg has undertaken over 5000 spine surgical operations, including 2500+ spinal fusions (TLIF, ACDF, and others); 1000 malformation revision operations (Scoliosis and kyphosis), 300 lumbar and cervical artificial disc replacements, 500 fracture treatments, and 500 other intricate procedures such as a spinal tumor, congenital defects, and spinopelvic fixations.
- His main interest encompasses minimally invasive back surgeries, motion-preserving spine invasive procedures, craniovertebral and cervical spine treatments, and bending and kyphosis abnormality repair techniques.
- Dr. Garg is committed to relaxing his patients and helping in achieving an active, painless lifestyle for them.
- He extensively uses O-arm, Neuromonitoring, Navigation, microscope, and modular operation theaters to carry out procedures on his patients.
- He has operated on patients from more than 50 countries, including India, with a near-perfect success record of about 98 percent.
- Some of the most famous national and worldwide figures are his clients. They include army officials, politicians, entertainers, athletes, medics, and entrepreneurs of national and international renown.
Dr. Hitesh Garg’s Expertise
- Ankle-Brachial Index
- Arthritis and Pain Management
- Diabetic Foot Check-Up
- Foot Assessment
- Foot Drop
- Foot Injury Treatment
- Foot Pressure/Vascular Assessment
- Frozen Shoulder Treatment
- High-Risk Wound Care
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Lower Extremity Wound Care
- Neuropathy Assessment
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatrics – Ortho
- Spinal Surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Hitesh Garg
- 15 years of experience
- Head & Consultant – Ortho Spine Surgery, Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Clinical spine fellow, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Philadelphia, USA
- Consultant Orthopedic and Spine Surgeon, Sahara Hospital
- Clinical spine fellow, Yale University, New Haven, USA
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Sahara Hospital
- Registrar, Dept. of Orthopedics, King Edward Memorial Hospital, and Seth G S Medical College
Dr. Hitesh Garg’s Qualifications
- MBBS from AIIMS in 2001
- MS (Orthopedics) from KEM Hospital, Mumbai in 2007
Memberships of Dr. Hitesh Garg
- AO Spine
- Delhi Spine Society
- Association Of Spine Surgeons Of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Gurgaon Orthopedic Society
- Indian Orthopedic Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Hitesh Garg
- 2019: Atal Swasthya Bhushan Samman
- 2018: Healthcare Today excellence award for “Best Spine Surgeon of the Year”
- 2017: Merit Award and Market Research Healthcare Award for “Best Spine Surgeon in Delhi NCR”
- 2015: Primetime “Global Healthcare Excellence Award” for “Best Spine Surgeon in Gurgaon”
- 2006-07: Dr. Pandurangi Award for the “Best Orthopedic Resident” for the year
- 2000: Selected among the top 12 finalists out of 298 entries for the HP All Asia Young Inventor Award for work on homemade spacer for asthmatic patients.
Publications of Dr. Hitesh Garg
- Shubhranshu S Mohanty, Hitesh Garg. Osteoarthritis of knee and High Tibial Osteotomy_ ” Textbook of Orthopedics and Trauma by G S Kulkarni
- Samdani A, Cahill P, Garg H, Bonet H, Betz R: Acute intraoperative shunt failure in a case with myelomeningocele A case report: (JBJS(Am), Feb 2012)
- Miller CP, Jegede K, Essig D, Garg H, Bible JE, Biswas D, Whang PG, Grauer JN The Efficacies of Two Ceramic Bone Graft Extenders for Promoting Spinal Fusion in a Rabbit Bone Paucity Model. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011 Aug 18