- Dr. Ashok Hande is a renowned neurosurgeon in Mumbai with expertise in management and surgical treatment of brain stroke, skull base tumor surgery, cerebral aneurysms and neuro rehabilitation.
- He holds an experience encompassing 25+ years and holds credit of pioneering neurosurgery in Mumbai by bringing in new and advanced neurosurgical procedures for brain and spine surgery.
- He holds credit of 300 AVMs, 1400 skull base tumor surgeries, 3600 surgeries for cranial and spinal trauma, 1200 lumbar prolapsed intervertebral disc surgeries, 800 cerebral aneurysmsand more than a 100 micro vascular decompressions.
- Prior to joining Fortis, Dr. Hande has been associated with other prestigious hospitals in Mumbai including Lilavati Hospital, Jaslok Hospital and KEM Hospital where he has undertaken various spine and neurosurgery cases.
- He has been teaching under graduate and post graduate students for more than 2 decades and is currently a Professor of neurosurgery at Jaslok Hospital.
- He holds various fellowship trainings in neurosurgery from well known medical hospitals of the world and is trained in X-knife Radio surgery from USA.
- Dr. Hande has done research and has been actively involved in such activities. He has numerous publications to his credit in the form of papers, articles and abstracts in renowned national and international journals.
- He regularly gets invited to conferences and seminars as a faculty and speaker and has presented papers on neurosurgery in such forums. His works and contributions have been greatly appreciated and recognized and received awards for his dedication.
- He also takes part in workshops and medical camps in various parts of Mumbai to provide neurosurgical care to the economically backward section of the society.
- Complex skull base tumor surgery
- Brain stroke management and treatment
- Cerebral aneurysm
- Cranial and spinal trauma surgery
- Lumbar prolapsed intervertebral disc surgery
- Surgery for arterio venous malformations
- Micro vascular decompression
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery
- Radio surgery
- Neuro rehabilitation
- Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Mumbai, Presently
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Shahyadri Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Professor and Chief Consultant of Neurosurgery at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Chief Consultant of Neurosurgery at KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Head and Honorary Professor of Neurosurgery at MGM Hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS from Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai, 1983
- MS in General Surgery from Bombay University, Mumbai, 1987
- MCh in Neurosurgery from Bombay University, Mumbai, 1990
- Sugita Fellowship for Special training in vascular surgery for skull base tumors from Nagoya, Japan
- Hamilton Bailey Foundation Trust Scholarship (Neurosurgery)
- Fellowship training in Micro surgery from Fujita University, Japan
- Training in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Training in X- Knife stereotactic Radiosurgery from Boston, USA