Profile Snapshot of Dr. Ashok Hande
- Dr. Ashok Hande is a renowned neurosurgeon in Mumbai with expertise in the management and surgical treatment of brain stroke, skull base tumor surgery, cerebral aneurysms, and neuro rehabilitation.
- He holds an experience encompassing 25+ years and holds the credit for pioneering neurosurgery in Mumbai by bringing in new and advanced neurosurgical procedures for brain and spine surgery.
- Dr. Ashok Hande holds the credit for 300 AVMs, 1400 skull base tumor surgeries, 3600 surgeries for cranial and spinal trauma, 1200 lumbar prolapsed intervertebral disc surgeries, 800 cerebral aneurysms, and more than 100 microvascular decompressions.
- Prior to joining Fortis, Dr. Hande has been associated with other prestigious hospitals in Mumbai including Lilavati Hospital, Jaslok Hospital, and KEM Hospital where he has undertaken various spine and neurosurgery cases.
- Dr. Ashok Hande has been teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students for more than 2 decades and is currently a Professor of neurosurgery at Jaslok Hospital.
- He holds various fellowship training in neurosurgery from well-known medical hospitals of the world and is trained in X-knife Radio surgery in USA.
- Dr. Hande has done the research and has been actively involved in such activities. He has numerous publications to his credit in the form of papers, articles, and abstracts in renowned national and international journals.
- He regularly gets invited to conferences and seminars as a faculty and speaker and has presented papers on neurosurgery in such forums. His works and contributions have been greatly appreciated and recognized and received awards for his dedication.
- Dr. Ashok Hande also takes part in workshops and medical camps in various parts of Mumbai to provide neurosurgical care to the economically backward section of society.
Dr. Ashok Hande’s Expertise
- Brain stroke management and treatment
- Cerebral aneurysm
- Complex skull base tumor surgery
- Cranial and spinal trauma surgery
- Lumbar prolapsed intervertebral disc surgery
- Microvascular decompression
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery
- Surgery for arteriovenous malformations
Work Experience of Dr. Ashok Hande
- Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Mumbai, Presently
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Sahyadri Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant of Neurosurgery at Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Professor and Chief Consultant of Neurosurgery at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Chief Consultant of Neurosurgery at KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Head and Honorary Professor of Neurosurgery at MGM Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Ashok Hande’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai in 1983
- MS in General Surgery from Bombay University, Mumbai in 1987
- MCh in Neurosurgery from Bombay University, Mumba in 1990
- Sugita Fellowship for Special training in vascular surgery for skull base tumors from Nagoya, Japan
- Hamilton Bailey Foundation Trust Scholarship (Neurosurgery)
- Fellowship training in Microsurgery from Fujita University, Japan
- Training in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Training in X- Knife stereotactic Radiosurgery from Boston, USA
Memberships of Dr. Ashok Hande
- Neurological Society of India
- Neurological Surgeons Society of India
- European Stroke Society
- Society of Young Neurosurgeons of Asia
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- World Stroke Organization