Chest infection, viz. cold or flu commonly occurs especially during autumn & winters.
Signs & symptoms of Chest Infection
The common signs & symptoms associated with chest infection are:
- a persistent cough & coughing up thick mucus blood
- breathlessness or rapid and shallow breathing
- chest pain
- feeling confused
Causes & risk factors of Chest Infection
The causes & risk factors of chest infection are:
- It is an infection of the main airways of the lungs, bronchi leading to inflammation of bronchi.
- It is the inflammation of lungs caused by infection. The treatment of pneumonia includes rest, antibiotics & fluids intake.
- Heart disease
- Weak immune system
Prevention & Treatment of Chest Infection
- Lot of rest
- Intake of fluids to prevent dehydration and to loosen the mucus in the lungs
- Treating headaches, fever and aches and pains with painkillers
- Raising your head up with extra pillows while you’re sleeping – to make breathing easier
- Using an air humidifier or inhaling steam from a bowl of hot water
- Stopping smoking & alcohol intake.
- Eating healthy diet will boost the immune system.
- Vaccinations reduce the chances of getting chest infections in the future.