- Dr. Vinod Raina is among the top and renowned Medical Oncologists in India with more than 37 years of extensive experience in the field.
- His primary expertise lies in Chemotherapy and is the first to perform high-dose chemotherapy in India. He also performed the first peripheral blood stem cell transplant in India.
- Prior to joining FMRI, he has been part of other renowned cancer hospitals such as All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where during the last decade he has performed the largest number of cancer-related transplants in India.
- He has performed more than 250 bone marrow transplants and over 70 allotransplants for different types of cancers.
- He has worked and provided his expertise to various hospitals and medical institutes both in India as well as abroad. During his stint at AIIMS, he was the Principal investigator of over 50 projects.
- He has been conducting the DM course for Medical Oncology since the last 15 years and has trained more than 60 students who are now well known Consultants in the best cancer hospitals.
- Dr. Raina’s expertise also lies in the treatment of breast, lungs, gastrointestinal cancers, solid cancers and blood cancers i.e. Chronic and Acute Leukemia and Lymphomas.
- He has a keen interest in research works and has more than 200 publications in national and international medical journals worldwide.
- Chemotherapy for Blood Cancer and solid organs
- Acute and Chronic Lymphoma and Leukemia treatment
- Bone Marrow Transplant, Stem Cell Transplant
- Concurrent Bio- Radiotherapy, Palliative Bio- Chemotherapy
- Treatment for solid cancers and cancer of the breast, head and neck, lungs, GI
- Professor of Medical Oncology at AIIMS from 2001 to 2013
- HOD of the Oncology Department at AIIMS from 2007 to 2013
- Head of Cancer Centre at the Royal Hospital, Muscat from 2001 to 2004
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- MD in Internal Medicine from All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- DM in Medical Oncology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Fellowships from the Royal College of Physicians, London and Edinburgh
Awards and Recognitions
- Member of Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Hon Research Fellow, Oxford University from 2005 to 2010
- Head of Delhi Cancer Registry (AIIMS) from 2005- 2010
- Associate Editor of Annals of Oncology Journal from 2008 to 2011
- Head of Record Station of Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital (AIIMS)