- Dr. Shibal Bhartiya is an eye surgeon, who specializes in glaucoma and ocular surface diseases. With a diverse experience of more than twenty years across geographies in the healthcare, social entrepreneurship and medical editorial spaces, she is currently working as a Senior Consultant at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, one of the largest and most internationally reputed multi-specialty hospitals.
- Dr. Bhartiya is the Executive Editor of ‘Current Glaucoma Practice’, which is the official journal of the International Society of Glaucoma Surgery. She is also the Editor in Chief of 1Clinical and Experimental Vision and Eye Research’. She is the founder director of Medequill, a language editing service which also provides web content for medical services. Dr Bhartiya has more than ten textbooks on glaucoma, and ophthalmology to her credit.
- She is also the founder of Vision Unlimited, a bootstrapped social impact organization involved in skill development, disaster relief, food security as well as healthcare access for all.
- Formerly, she was the Head of Academics and Research at Eye 7 Hospitals, New Delhi, and also Senior Clinical Research Fellow in Glaucoma services of the Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Geneva, and Senior Research Associate in the Cornea and Glaucoma Services at Dr R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Glaucoma diagnosis and management
- Ocular Surface Diseases
- Senior Consultant, Ophthalmology – Fortis Memorial Research Institute, India
- Editor In Chief – Clinical and Experimental Vision and Eye Research
- Founder – Vision Unlimited
- Executive Editor – Journal of Current Glaucoma Practice
- Clinical Director and EMR Expert – Medflow
- Maulana Azad College – MBBS
- Maulana Azad College – MS in Ophthalmology
- University of Geneva – MD, MS
- University of Geneva- Research Fellowship in Glaucoma
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences – Clinical Research Associate for Cornea & Glaucoma
- International Society of Glaucoma Surgery
- Glaucoma Society of India
- American Academy of Opthalmology
- All India Opthalmological Society
- Strabismological Society of India
Awards & Recognitions
- Continuous IOP Monitoring In Glaucoma Patients Treated With Tafluprost. Shibal Bhartiya, Aref A, Shaarawy T. APAO, Hyderabad, India. Best Paper, Glaucoma session
- Harry Potter and the Ophthalmologists Nemesis: Shibal B., S Khokhar, IV International Congress of Glaucoma Surgery, April 2009, Geneva. Best Poster
- Comparitive evaluation of time domain and spectral domain optical coherence tomography in retinal nerve fiber layer thickness measurements.
- Evaluation of levo-dopa as a therapeutic adjunct to conventional occlusion in amblyopia.
- Asia ARVO Young Scientists Travel Grant for the year 2008
- CSIR Young Scientists Travel Grant for the year 2003 and 2009
- World Glaucoma Association Young Scientists Travel Grant for the Year 2009