- Dr. S C Pande is a well-known radiation oncologist in India.
- He has a long and rich clinical and teaching experience in the specialty of radiation oncology.
- He holds more than 4 decades of experience in the field of radiotherapy.
- He was involved in establishing neuro oncology and paediatric oncology services at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- He upgraded stereotactic radiotherapy facility & developed a modern radiation oncology department at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- He included a Dual Energy Linear Accelerator with Multi-Leaf Collimatora at Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (BMCHRC), Jaipur & was a first for the State of Rajasthan.
- He was also involved with the accreditation of the BMCHRC by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi for its DNB course in the disciplines of Anesthesia, Oncopathology, Radiation Oncology and Oncosurgery.
- He is engaged in the practice of modern conformational techniques in radiation for cancer management including Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) for the management of cancer at Artemis Health Institute at Gurgaon.
- He has special interest in the use of Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and PET scan based techniques for cancer management.
- Dr. Pande has 33 publications and was a Postgraduate teacher in Radiation Oncology for the University of Maharashtra and for the DNB course in Radiation Oncology for the National Board of Examinations, Delhi.
- Head & Neck Cancers
- CNS Tumours
- Childhood Cancers
- Prostate Cancers
- CyberKnife Radiosurgery
- All modern Teletherapy & Brachytherapy procedures
- Head the department of Radiation Oncology, Artemis Health Institute at Gurgaon, Haryana, 2009 till date.
- Visiting Consultant, MH-Curie Cancer Centre at Shanti Mukund Hospital, Delhi and the Galaxy Cancer Centre at Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital, Ghaziabad, 2008
- Director Medical Services, Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (BMCHRC), 2005
- Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology ,Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, 1997
- Consultant, Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), Mumbai , 1982
- Senior Resident, Radiotherapy, AIIMS in 1977.
- B.B.S degree followed by a Diploma in Medical Radiology from the Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad.
- D. in Radiotherapy from the A.I.I.M.S., New Delhi.
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) & Secretary General AROI 1997 to 2000.
- Indian Society of Oncology (ISO).
- Association of Medical Physicists of India.
- Paediatric Hematology & Oncology Chapter of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP).
- International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP).
- Histiocyte Society based in New Jersey, USA (HS).