Profile Snapshot of Dr. Subodh Chandra Pande
- Dr. Subodh Chandra Pande is a well-known radiation oncologist in India. He has a long and rich clinical and teaching experience in the specialty of radiation oncology.
- He holds more than 4 decades of experience in the field of radiotherapy.
- He was involved in establishing neuro-oncology and pediatric oncology services at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Dr. S C Pande upgraded the stereotactic radiotherapy facility & developed a modern radiation oncology department at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- He included a Dual Energy Linear Accelerator with Multi-Leaf Collimator at Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (BMCHRC), Jaipur & which was a first for the State of Rajasthan.
- He was also involved with the accreditation of the BMCHRC by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi for its DNB course in the disciplines of Anesthesia, Oncopathology, Radiation Oncology, and Oncosurgery.
- Dr. Pande is engaged in the practice of modern conformational techniques in radiation for cancer management including Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) for the management of cancer at Artemis Health Institute at Gurgaon.
- He has a special interest in the use of Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and PET scan-based techniques for cancer management.
- Dr. Pande has 33 publications and was a Postgraduate teacher in Radiation Oncology for the University of Maharashtra and for the DNB course in Radiation Oncology for the National Board of Examinations, Delhi.
Work Experience of Dr. Subodh Chandra Pande
- Head the Department of Radiation Oncology at Artemis Health Institute at Gurugram, Haryana from 2009 till date.
- Visiting Consultant, MH-Curie Cancer Centre at Shanti Mukund Hospital, Delhi and the Galaxy Cancer Centre at Pushpanjali Crossley Hospital, Ghaziabad in 2008
- Director of Medical Services at Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (BMCHRC) in 2005
- Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi in 1997
- Consultant, Radiation Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), Mumbai in 1982
- Senior Resident, Radiotherapy at AIIMS in 1977.
Dr. Subodh Chandra Pande’s Qualifications
- MBBS degree followed by a Diploma in Medical Radiology from the Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad
- MD in Radiotherapy from the AIIMS, New Delhi
Memberships of Dr. Subodh Chandra Pande
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) & Secretary General AROI 1997 to 2000
- Indian Society of Oncology (ISO)
- Association of Medical Physicists of India
- Paediatric Hematology & Oncology Chapter of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP)
- International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP)
- Histiocyte Society, New Jersey, USA (HS)