Profile Snapshot of Dr. Rajeev Agarwal
- Dr. Rajeev Agarwal is among the very first surgical oncologists in the country with a specialization in breast surgery.
- He performs all kinds of breast surgery – primary breast-conserving and reconstruction surgery for breast cancer. He also specializes in sentinel node biopsies.
- He played a pioneering role in the introduction of organ-based oncology specialization in the Northern part of India.
- Dr. Agarwal has experience of more than 40 years in the field of Oncology surgery with a primary interest in the screening and prevention of breast cancer.
- Dr. Rajeev Agarwal is also trained to perform surgeries for other types of cancer such as colorectal cancer, GI cancer, and organ-related cancers.
- He holds memberships in various prestigious medical associations and is an Inductee to the European Society of Medical Oncology.
- He gets invited regularly to deliver talks and make presentations at seminars and conferences for Cancer awareness.
- Dr. Agarwal was invited to the International Conference on Palliative Care as a faculty which was organized by the Vatican (Rome) in 2004 where he presented a paper titled- Palliative care in Hindu Context
Work Experience of Dr. Rajeev Agarwal
- Director of Breast Services, Cancer Institute at Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram since 2013
- Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 2001 to 2013
- Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Dharam Shila Cancer Hospital, Delhi from 1994 to 2001
Dr. Rajeev Agarwal’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial (GSVM) Medical College, Kanpur in 1978
- MS in General Surgery from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur in 1982
- Senior Resident in Surgical Oncology at Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi in 1985
- Fellowship in Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in 1986
Memberships of Dr. Rajeev Agarwal
- European Society of Medical Oncology (Inductee)
- Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Palliative Care