- Dr. Rajeev Agarwal is among the very first surgical oncologists of the country with specialization in breast surgery.
- He performs all kinds of breast surgery – primary breast conserving and reconstruction surgery for breast cancer. He also specializes in sentinel node biopsies.
- He played a pioneer role in the introduction of organ based oncology specialization in Northern part of India.
- Dr. Agarwal has experience of more than 30 years in the field of Oncology surgery with a primary interest in the screening and prevention of breast cancer.
- He is also trained to perform surgeries for other types of cancer such as colorectal cancer, GI cancer and organ related cancers.
- He holds memberships of various prestigious medical associations and is an Inductee to the European Society of Medical Oncology.
- He gets invited regularly to deliver talks and make presentations at seminars and conferences for Cancer awareness.
- He was invited at the International Conference on Palliative Care as a faculty which was organized by Vatican (Rome) in 2004 where he presented a paper titled- Palliative care in Hindu Context
- Screening and prevention of breast cancer
- Breast conservation and reconstruction surgery
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Management of non- palpable lumps
- MBBS from Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial (GSVM) Medical College, Kanpur, 1978
- MS in General Surgery from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, 1982
- Senior Resident in Surgical Oncology at Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi, 1985
- Fellowship in Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 1986
- European Society of Medical Oncology (Inductee)
- Indian Society of Oncology
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Palliative Care