Profile Snapshot of Dr. Pawan Gupta
- Dr. Pawan Gupta is a well-known Surgical Oncologist in India currently serving as the Director of Surgical Oncology (Head & Neck) at Max Super Speciality Hospital.
- He has been in the field of Surgical Oncology for more than 2 decades and has performed over 7000 onco-surgeries for head and neck, thoracic, breast, GI, and gynecological cancers.
- Dr. Pawan Gupta is highly trained in different types of cancer surgeries and received his training from the best Cancer centers including Tata Memorial Hospital and SMH Curie Cancer Center.
- His interest lies in reconstructive surgeries as well and has performed a large number of reconstructive surgeries for breast cancer and urological cancer patients.
- Dr. Gupta has also trained several doctors in surgical oncology during his career and continues to teach and train aspiring onco-surgeons.
- He regularly takes part in Cancer Awareness programs and workshops to spread awareness about the different types of cancers and their early detection.
- Dr. Pawan Gupta has received various appreciations and recognitions for his work in Oncology. He attends conferences and seminars on a regular basis and often gets invited as a faculty to deliver talks and presentations on his research.
- Dr. Pawan Gupta has over 30 publications to his credit in renowned national and international journals and has also written a book titled- “Win Over Tobacco Made Easy”.
- He is a member of prestigious medical organizations and is also associated with several other societies that spread knowledge on cancer, early detection, and prevention.
Dr. Pawan Gupta’s Expertise
Work Experience of Dr. Pawan Gupta
- Director – Surgical Oncology (Head & Neck) at Max Super Speciality Hospital; New Delhi & Noida, presently
- Additional Director, Surgical Oncology, Jaypee Hospital, Noida (2013-2018)
- Senior Consultant (HOD), Surgical Oncology, Asian Hospital, Faridabad (2010-2013)
- Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, SMH Curie Cancer Center, Delhi (2008-2010)
- Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi (2002-2008)
- Assistant Professor, Surgical Oncology, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad (2002)
Dr. Pawan Gupta’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Shri Ramachandra Bhanj Medical College, Cuttack
- MS in General Surgery from Shri Ramachandra Bhanj Medical College, Cuttack
- MCh in Surgical Oncology from B.J. Medical College, Ahmadabad
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
- Fellowship – Surgical Oncology, Reconstructive Surgery, and Urology from Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute
- Fellowship of the Association of Surgeons of India
- Specialized Training in Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai
Memberships of Dr. Pawan Gupta
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- International Society of Surgery
- Indo-American Cancer Association
- International Breast Society
- President, Indian Cancer Winner’s Association
- Telemedicine Society of India
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Pawan Gupta
- ICD Special Award from the International College of Dental Surgeons in 2007
- Won the Poster Presentation at National Cancer Congress in 2005
- Author of the book Win Over Tobacco – Made Easy