Designation of Dr. Mandar Nadkarni
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Mandar Nadkarni
- Dr. Mandar Nadkarni is a well-known name in the field of Breast onco-surgery in India.
- He has performed more than 8000 breast surgeries for cancer patients in 20+ years of experience in Surgical Oncology.
- Dr. Nadkarni has also performed over 500 oncoplastic procedures that include therapeutic mammoplasty as well as whole breast reconstruction. He also holds the credit for more than 100 hook wire localization for impalpable lesion procedures.
- Dr. Nadkarni did his training in Oncology at the Tata Memorial Hospital and has spent more than a decade in the prestigious institution taking up numerous cases of breast cancer surgeries. He received his training in Surgery from Sion Hospital.
- Along with his expertise in breast cancer surgery, Dr. Nadkarni also has extensive experience in Colorectal, GI Onco-surgery, and other general onco-surgeries.
- He is closely associated with several cancer organizations in the world and regularly takes part in cancer workshops and cancer awareness programs.
- Dr. Mandar Nadkarni is invited to attend conferences and deliver talks at scientific meetings both at the national and international levels.
- He also has over 20 publications to his credit in renowned medical and oncology journals of the world.
Dr. Mandar Nadkarni’s Expertise
- Bilateral prophylactic mastectomy
- Breast cancer surgery
- Breast reconstruction surgery with or without flaps and implants
- Breast removal and Breast-conserving surgery
- Colorectal Onco-surgery, GI onco-surgery, and other general onco-surgeries
- Cosmetic surgery for treatment of benign breast lumps
- Four nodes axillary sampling
- Microdochectomy and Hadfield’s procedure for the management of blood-stained nipple discharge
- Oncoplastic breast surgery with flaps and implants
- Sentinel node biopsies with a radioactive isotope and blue dye technique
- Skin sparing and nipple-areola preserving Mastectomy
Work Experience of Dr. Mandar Nadkarni
- Consultant for Breast and Colorectal Oncology Surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai since 2009
- Associate Professor and Consultant for Oncology at the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai from 1999 to 2009
Dr. Mandar Nadkarni’s Qualifications
- DNB in Surgical Oncology from the National Board of Examinations
- Training in Oncology Surgery from Sion Hospital, Mumbai
- Training in Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Visiting Observership for Oncoplastic surgery and implant reconstructions from Centre Oscar Lambret
Memberships of Dr. Mandar Nadkarni
- Association of Surgeons of India