- Dr. Kaushal Malhan is a renowned Orthopedic Surgeon in Mumbai with expertise in hip and knee replacement surgery and regional resurfacing.
- He specializes in Minimally Invasive Joint replacement procedures and is among the top orthopedics in the country to master the technique.
- His name has been recorded in the Limca Book of Records for his innovative Tissue Preserving Total Knee Replacement Technique that helps in reducing the post-operative recovery time.
- He pioneered computer assisted joint replacement surgery in India and is the first orthopedic surgeon to perform gender specific computer assisted and minimally invasive knee replacement.
- He also performed the first invasive mobile bearing unicompartmental knee replacement surgery through minimally invasive procedure for the correction of end stage arthritis.
- He holds the credit of the largest number of Birmingham hip resurfacing surgery in Mumbai and also performed the first ever total hip replacement with ceramic non-modular ace tabular cups.
- Dr. Malhan has been in the field of knee and hip joint replacement for more than 25 years and has mastered every type of knee and hip replacement surgery.
- Along with the skill and knowledge in hip and knee surgery, he is also a trained sports surgeon. He is the one to introduce Shoulder Copeland Resurfacing Surgery in India.
- He is a regular invitee at national and international conferences where he has delivered numerous lectures and made over 150 paper presentations on Minimally Invasive Joint Reconstructive Surgery.
- He organizes and takes part at orthopedic workshops and CMEs where he also does live demonstration of knee and hip replacement surgeries.
- His works have been published in national and international peer- reviewed journals and has contributed several other articles and abstracts in well known medical journals.
- Joint Replacement and Reconstructive Surgeries (knee and hip)
- Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery (knee, hip, shoulder)
- Tissue Preserving Knee and Hip Replacement surgery
- Revision Knee and Hip Replacement surgery
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing surgery
- Minimally Invasive mobile bearing unicompartmental knee replacement
- High Bending Customized Knee Replacement surgery
- Regional Resurfacing procedures for knee and hip joints
- Computer Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery
- Gender specific Minimally Invasive joint replacement
- Senior Consultant of Knee and Hip Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai, Presently
- Lecturer of Orthopedics at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS from King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
- MS, Orthopedics, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
- Diploma in Sports Medicine from Great Britain and Ireland
- Diploma in Orthopedics from Mumbai
- Fellowship (General Surgery) from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Fellowship (Trauma and Orthopedics) from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Fellowship in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty from Freeman Hospital, New Castle
Trainings in Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery
- Robert Jones Orthopedic Hospital, UK
- Stoke on Trent Orthopedic Unit
- National Institute of Sports Surgery
- Centre for Spinal Studies, Oswestry
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Bombay Orthopedics Association
Awards and Recognitions
- Name in Limca Book of Records 2011 for inventing Tissue Preserving Technique for Total Knee Replacement