Profile Snapshot of Dr. Kaushal Malhan
- Dr. Kaushal Malhan is a renowned Orthopedic Surgeon in Mumbai with expertise in hip and knee replacement surgery and regional resurfacing.
- He specializes in Minimally Invasive Joint replacement procedures and is among the top orthopedics in the country to master the technique.
- Dr. Kaushal Malhan’s name has been recorded in the Limca Book of Records for his innovative Tissue Preserving Total Knee Replacement Technique that helps in reducing post-operative recovery time.
- Dr. Malhan pioneered computer-assisted joint replacement surgery in India and is the first orthopedic surgeon to perform gender-specific computer-assisted and minimally invasive knee replacement.
- He also performed the first invasive mobile-bearing unicompartmental knee replacement surgery through the minimally invasive procedure for the correction of end-stage arthritis.
- Dr. Kaushal Malhan holds the credit for the largest number of Birmingham’s hip resurfacing surgery in Mumbai and also performed the first-ever total hip replacement with ceramic non-modular acetabular cups.
- Dr. Malhan has been in the field of knee and hip joint replacement for more than 25 years and has mastered every type of knee and hip replacement surgery.
- Along with the skill and knowledge in hip and knee surgery, he is also a trained sports surgeon. He is the one to introduce Shoulder Copeland Resurfacing Surgery in India.
- He is a regular invitee at national and international conferences where he has delivered numerous lectures and made over 150 paper presentations on Minimally Invasive Joint Reconstructive Surgery.
- Dr. Malhan organizes and takes part in orthopedic workshops and CMEs where he also does live demonstrations of knee and hip replacement surgeries.
- His works have been published in national and international peer-reviewed journals and have contributed to several other articles and abstracts in well-known medical journals.
Dr. Kaushal Malhan’s Expertise
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing surgery
- Computer-Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery
- Gender-specific Minimally Invasive joint replacement
- High Bending Customized Knee Replacement surgery
- Joint Replacement and Reconstructive Surgeries (knee and hip)
- Minimally Invasive mobile-bearing unicompartmental knee replacement
- Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery (knee, hip, shoulder)
- Regional Resurfacing procedures for knee and hip joints
- Revision Knee and Hip Replacement surgery
- Tissue Preserving Knee and Hip Replacement surgery
Work Experience of Dr. Kaushal Malhan
- Senior Consultant of Knee and Hip Surgery at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai, Presently
- Lecturer of Orthopedics at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Kaushal Malhan’s Qualifications
- MBBS from King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
- MS, Orthopedics, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
- Diploma in Sports Medicine from Great Britain and Ireland
- Diploma in Orthopedics from Mumbai
- Fellowship (General Surgery) from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Fellowship (Trauma and Orthopedics) from the Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- Fellowship in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty from Freeman Hospital, New Castle
Training done by Dr. Kaushal Malhan
- Robert Jones Orthopedic Hospital, UK
- Stoke on Trent Orthopedic Unit
- National Institute of Sports Surgery
- Centre for Spinal Studies, Oswestry
Memberships of Dr. Kaushal Malhan
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Bombay Orthopedics Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Kaushal Malhan
- Name in Limca Book of Records 2011 for inventing Tissue Preserving Technique for Total Knee Replacement