Profile Snapshot of Dr. K R Vasudevan
- Dr. K R Vasudevan is a surgical gastroenterologist who has been trained at one of India’s best hospitals. Over a short span of 17 years, his career has progressed to the role of leading a team.
- He has established and sustained a liver transplant program at PSRI over the last few years. Due to his experience with over 1200 live donor liver transplants, he was selected for this role.
- Dr. K R Vasudevan has also trained a team in a government hospital in Gambhat, Pakistan to develop their liver transplant program through regular frequent visits. This team performs 8-10 liver transplants each month.
Work Experience of Dr. K R Vasudevan
- Overall 17 years of experience.
- Previously, worked at PSRI, Apollo Hospital Delhi, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, Pittsburgh, USA, and Columbia Presbyterian Transplant Centre, New York, USA.
Dr. K R Vasudevan’s Qualifications
- MBBS in 1998 from Goa Medical College, Goa, India
- MS in 2002 from Goa Medical College, Goa, India
- DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology) in 2008 from the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
Memberships of Dr. K R Vasudevan
- International Liver Transplant Society
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Founder Member, Liver Transplant Society of India
- Indian Chapter, International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. K R Vasudevan
- Recognized as key opinion leader by the Transplant Society in 2011
- Travel Grant by International Liver Transplant Society for abstract at the 18th Annual International Conference, 2012,
- Young Investigator Award by International Liver Transplant Society at the 13TH Annual International Conference