Designation of Dr. Jagdish K
Dr. Jagdish K
Nephrologist, Renal Specialist
Senior Consultant – Department of Nephrology
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre, Chennai, India
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Jagdish K
- Dr. Jagdish K is currently designated as the Senior Consultant of Nephrology at Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre, Chennai.
- He completed his MBBS from Pondicherry University and thereafter MD in General Medicine from Government Stanley Medical College. Further, he pursued DM in Nephrology from Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore.
- Dr. Jagdish K is well versed in Temporary Haemodialysis Catheters, Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy, Lumbar Puncture, Arterial Lines, and Renal Biopsy.
- His special interests lie in Glomerulonephritis, Extracorporeal treatments, Post-Transplant Infections, and Renal Transplants across blood groups and in highly sensitized individuals.
- He is highly involved in research and has his work published in many reputed National and International Journals.
- In 2017, Dr. Jagdish K was given Dr. JCM Shastri Award for excellence by Christian Medical College, Vellore
Dr. K Jagdish’s Expertise
- Across the blood groups renal transplants, transplants in highly sensitised patients after desensitization, swap transplants
- Extracorporeal treatments
- Percutaneous placement of Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) catheters for patients with Chronic Kidney Disease – stage 5
- Percutaneous placement of Permanent haemodialysis tunnelled catheters (permcaths) for patients with Chronic Kidney Disease – stage 5
- Post-transplant infections
- Renal Transplants across the blood groups and in highly sensitised individuals
- Well-acquainted with Temporary haemodialysis catheters, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, lumbar puncture, arterial lines and renal biopsy
Work Experience of Dr. Jagdish K
- Consultant at Dr. Rela Institute, Chennai.
- Consultant at City Hospital Research & Diagnostic Centre, Mangalore.
- Intern at Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry, 2007-2008
- Post-Graduate Registrar at Government Stanley Medical College, Chennai, General Medicine, 2010-2013
- Nephrology Postgraduate Registrar at Christian Medical College, Vellore, Department of Nephrology, 2014-2017
- Consultant Nephrologist and transplant physician at Meenakshi Hospital, Thanjavur, 2017-2018
Dr. K Jagdish’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Pondicherry University
- MD (General Medicine) from Government Stanley Medical College
- DM (Nephrology) from Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore
Publications of Dr. Jagdish K
- Effect of double filtration plasmapheresis on various plasma components and patient safety: A prospective observational cohort study. Jagdish K, Jacob S, Varughese S, David V, Mohapatra A, Valson A, et al. Indian Journal of Nephrology.
- Crescentic C3 glomerulopathy with acquired partial lipodystrophy: An unusual cause of rapidly progressive renal failure. Matthai S, Jacob S, Palak R, Jagdish K, Varughese S, Tamilarasi V. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology. 2017;60(2):290.
- Primary investigator in “Effect of double filtration plasmapheresis on various plasma components and patient safety”
- Primary investigator in “COAL – UF “study