Profile Snapshot of Dr. Gautam Zaveri
- Dr. Gautam Zaveri is one of the best spine surgeons in India today. He is currently associated with Fortis Mulund Hospital in Mumbai as the Chief consultant for neuro and spine surgery.
- He has an experience of more than 2 decades and has performed over 3000 spinal surgeries for the treatment of spinal fractures, trauma, slipped discs, kyphosis, scoliosis, sciatica, spondylolisthesis, and spinal stenosis.
- He is among the very few surgeons with training in both neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery of the spine.
- Dr. Zaveri specializes in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries commonly known as MISS and performs most of his procedures using this technique to minimize cuts and speed up the recovery process.
- He also finds interest in reconstructive surgeries specifically for complex spine fractures and tumors and has handled several such cases for both adult and pediatric patients.
- Being one of the best spinal surgeons in the country, Dr. Zaveri has developed a comprehensive nonoperative spine treatment program for the management of different types of spinal diseases and disorders.
- He is an active researcher and has numerous publications to his credit in world-renowned national and international journals. He has also contributed as an author and co-author of various textbooks on spinal surgery.
- Dr. Gautam Zaveri holds memberships in several medical organizations and regularly attends seminars and conferences as a lecturer or member of faculty. He has given numerous presentations and delivered talks in both national and international forums for spine surgery.
Dr. Gautam Zaveri’s Expertise
- Cervical Spondylotic Radiculopathy
- Complex spine reconstruction for tumors, tuberculosis, and fractures
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Micro neurosurgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries
- Reconstructive Spinal Surgery
- Spinal Neurosurgeries
- Spine surgeries for treatment of – slipped disc, spinal stenosis, sciatica, kyphosis, and scoliosis
- Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
Work Experience of Dr. Gautam Zaveri
- Consultant of Spine surgery at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai, Presently
- Consultant of Spine surgery, Jaslok Hospital, and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Consultant of Spine surgery, Joy Hospital and Zen Hospital, Chembur
- Consultant of Spine Surgery, Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- Chief Consultant of Spine surgery, Zaveri Clinic, Ghatkopar
Dr. Gautam Zaveri’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital in 1992
- MS in Orthopedics from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai in 1995
- Diploma in Orthopedics from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai in 1994
- DNB, Orthopedic Surgery, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai in 1996
- International Spine Fellowship from the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine
Fellowships of Dr. Gautam Zaveri
- Pediatric Spine Surgery from Shriners Hospital for Children Los Angeles in 1997
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery from Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital, Toronto in 1998
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery from Sunnybrook Regional Health Sciences Centre, Toronto in 1999
- Spine Surgery from Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham in 2000
- Spinal Neurosurgery from Walton Centre, Liverpool in 2001
Memberships of Dr. Gautam Zaveri
- AO Spine International
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Medical Association
- Maharashtra Orthopedic Association
- Bombay Orthopedic Society
- Bombay Spine Society
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Gautam Zaveri
- Declared the Best Asia Pacific Spine Faculty by the AO Spine International in 2006
- Received the Best Research Paper Award at the International Spinal Cord Society Meeting in 2006