- Dr. Gautam Zaveri is one of the best spine surgeons in India today. He is currently associated with Fortis Mulund Hospital in Mumbai as the Chief consultant for neuro and spine surgery.
- He has an experience of more than 2 decades and has performed over 3000 spinal surgeries for the treatment of spinal fractures, trauma, slipped discs, kyphosis, scoliosis, sciatica, spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis.
- He is among the very few surgeons with training in both neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery of the spine.
- Dr. Zaveri specializes in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries commonly known as MISS and performs most of his procedures using this technique to minimize cuts and speed up the recovery process.
- He also finds interest in reconstructive surgeries specifically for complex spine fractures and tumors and has handled several such cases for both adult and pediatric patients.
- Being one of the best spinal surgeons in the country, Dr. Zaveri has developed a comprehensive non operative spine treatment program for the management of different types of spinal diseases and disorders.
- He is an active researcher and has numerous publications to his credit in world renowned national and international journals. He has also contributed as an author and co author for various text books on spinal surgery.
- He holds memberships of several medical organizations and regularly attends seminars and conferences as a lecturer or member of faculty. He has given numerous presentations and delivered talks in both national and international forums for spine surgery.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries
- Reconstructive Spinal Surgery
- Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Spinal Neurosurgeries
- Cervical Spondylotic Radiculopathy
- Spine surgeries for treatment of – slipped disc, spinal stenosis, sciatica, kyphosis and scoliosis
- Micro neurosurgery
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Complex spine reconstruction for tumors, tuberculosis and fractures
- Consultant of Spine surgery at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai, Presently
- Consultant of Spine surgery, Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Consultant of Spine surgery, Joy Hospital and Zen Hospital, Chembur
- Consultant of Spine surgery, Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
- Chief Consultant of Spine surgery, Zaveri Clinic, Ghatkopar
- MBBS from Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital, 1992
- MS in Orthopedics from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai, 1995
- Diploma in Orthopedics from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai, 1994
- DNB, Orthopedic Surgery, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai, 1996
- International Spine Fellowship from International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Pediatric Spine Surgery from Shriners Hospital for Children Los Angeles, 1997
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery from Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital, Toronto, 1998
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery from Sunnybrook Regional Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, 1999
- Spine Surgery from Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, 2000
- Spinal Neurosurgery from Walton Centre, Liverpool, 2001
- AO Spine International
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India
- Indian Orthopedic Association
- Indian Medical Association
- Maharashtra Orthopedic Association
- Bombay Orthopedic Society
- Bombay Spine Society
Awards and Recognitions
- Declared the Best Asia Pacific Spine Faculty by the AO Spine International in 2006
- Received the Best Research Paper Award at the International Spinal Cord Society Meeting in 2006