Designation of Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra
Endocrinologist and Diabetologist
Director – Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology,
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram
Profile Snapshot of Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra
- Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra is an experienced Endocrinologist, who has experience working in prestigious institutions like AIIMS, SGPGI, and HIHT University.
- He has an experience of more than 25 years in treating patients suffering from diabetes and thyroid disorders.
- His experience extends to pituitary disorders, metabolic disorders of calcium and phosphorus, and excessive hair growth patterns in women.
- He has worked both in the clinical arena and educational sector during his tenure of being a doctor. He was an Associate Professor at HIHT University, Dehradun and now he is working as a Consultant in Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram.
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra’s Expertise
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra is an unparalleled expert when it comes to Endocrine disorders. He has treated numerous patients and has been able to cure most of them. His expertise extends to the field of-
- Diabetes- He keeps up with patients who are having both controlled and uncontrolled diabetes. He has patients who are suffering from juvenile diabetes as well as type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Pituitary disorders- Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra always puts extra effort to treat patients with pituitary disorders. This includes both malignant and nonmalignant conditions, lesions, and deformities.
- Metabolic Bone Diseases- He is one of the best doctors in India who is successful in treating patients with Metabolic Bone Diseases.
Work Experience of Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra is one of the few Endocrinologists in India, who has an experience of more than two decades. His detailed work experience is listed below.
- He started his career being a Senior Resident at KGMC Lucknow between the years 2000- 2003.
- In 2004, he took up the responsibilities of being a senior resident at the Department of Endocrinology in SGPGIMS for one academic year.
- In the later part of 2004, he resumed his education as a Senior Resident (DM pursuing) at the Department of Endocrinology, AIIMS Delhi. He was working there till 2007.
- Between 2007 to 2009, Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra took up the responsibilities of an Assistant Professor at the Department of Endocrine Medicine Unit in SRMU.
- In 2009, he joined as an Associate Professor at the Department of Endocrine Medicine at SRMU. He continued there till 2010.
- From 2010 till date, Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra is working as the director of the Department of Endocrinology in Medanta-The Medicity.
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra’s Qualifications
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra is an extremely qualified and experienced doctor. The qualifications that he carries besides his name are-
- He completed his MBBS degree from G.S.V.M. Medical College in Kanpur in the year 1997.
- Later in 2001, he joined King George Medical University for MD in General Medicine. He completed his post-graduation in 2003.
- In 2007, he completed his DM in Endocrinology from AIIMS, New Delhi.
Memberships of Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra is a lifetime member of various national and international institutions. The institution which has his name involved is-
- Indian Endodontic Society (IES)
- Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Awards & Recognitions received by Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra
Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra has received multiple awards and recognitions in his career as an Endocrinologist. The most prominent rewards are-
- He won the N N Gupta Gold Medal for being the Best MD Candidate during his studies at King George’s Medical University.
- Later, he won the sixth AV Gandhi Best Paper award for his enormous contribution to Endocrinology and its branches.
Publications of Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra
- Dr. Sunil Kumar Mishra has published multiple research papers under his name. The papers have been appreciated globally across international conferences. He has also written two papers that contribute to the overall up-gradation of Endocrinology.