- Dr. Sanjay Gogoi is currently the Head of the Department of Urology, at Manipal Hospitals, Dwarka. Having over 20 years of experience, Dr. Sanjay Gogoi is a well-known name in the field of urology. In the field of renal transplantation, Dr. Gogoi is an expert in minimally invasive transplant techniques of Laparoscopic and Robotic Assisted Transplantation.
- He is also trained in Robotic surgery at da Vinci Training Center, Intuitive Surgical, California. With over six years of experience in doing Robotic Cancer surgeries of the Kidney, Bladder, Prostate, Adrenal etc. , he is an expert in Robotic reconstructive procedures of kidneys, ureters and bladder, as well, in adults as well as pediatric patients.
- His strength in Reconstructive urology has few parallels in the world and his department is considered a referral center for complicated urethral strictures, neobladders, phalloplasties, congenital defects, neo-vaginas, anti-incontinence procedures and genito-urinary fistulas. Also known for his humanitarian works, Dr Gogoi has also rehabilitated several hundred war victims with genito-urinary trauma from Sri Lanka and Middle East.
- Robotic Constructive Urology
- Kidney Transplantation
- Renal transplantation
- Transurethral Incision of Prostate
- Congenital defects
- Genito-urinary fistulas
- Director and HOD, Urology and Kidney Transplant, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, 2013 – Present
- Associate Director, Urology and Kidney Transplant, Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon, 2010- 2013
- Consultant- Uro-oncology, Endourology and Reconstructive Urology, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata, 2008-2010
- Consultant, Urology and Renal Transplant, Apollo Hospitals, Colombo, 2002-2007
- Assistant Professor- Robotic Surgery, Urology and Renal Transplant, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati, 2001-2002
- Senior Research Associate, Principal Investigator for clinical drug trials, Sanjay Gandhi Post
- Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, 2001-2002
- Medical Officer, ONGC, Sibsagar, Assam, 1993
- Member, Urological Society of India
- Member, American Urological Association
- Member, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
Awards & Recognitions
- He was part of the team that performed the world’s First Robotic Kidney Transplant
- He is known for performing India’s youngest Robotic Pyeloplasty in a 5 months old child in 2012.
- He has also performed Sri Lanka’s first Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy in 2003.