- Dr. Murtaza A Chishti is one of the most well known and distinguished Cardio Thoracic and Vascular surgeon in North India
- He has more than 3 decades of experience in the field of cardiac surgery with specialization in heart and lung transplantation surgeries.
- He has performed more than 6000 cardiac procedures that include Total Arterial re-vascularization, aortic surgery, complex and re-operative coronary surgery, CABG and several other cardio thoracic surgeries.
- He holds fellowships in cardiac and thoracic surgery from renowned medical institutions in India, USA and Australia.
- He has trained under some of the best cardiac surgeons of the world and has gained the expertise and experience to perform some of the most complex cardiac procedures in India.
- Dr. Chishti has also been honored for his works towards cardiac surgery and heart and lung transplant on several occasions in his career.
- He has various publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals among which his paper on Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting and Organic Tricuspid Valve Repair has been highly appreciated by his peers.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement Surgery
- Heart Transplant
- Lung Transplant
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Complex congenital heart surgery
- Surgery for single ventricle defect
- Coronary and Peripheral Angioplasty
- Bentall/David/Aortic Aneurism Repair
- ASD/ VSD device closure
- Director of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery and Heart & Lung Transplant at Artemis Hospital since 2017
- Director and Chief of Cardiac Surgery at Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology since 2009
- Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute from 2001 to 2008
- MBBS from University of Kashmir, 1991
- MS in General Surgery from Shri Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, 1988
- MCh in CTVS from University of Wisconsin, 1984
- Fellowships in Cardio-thoracic Surgery from 1991 to 1997:
- Prince of Wales and Prince Henry Hospitals, Australia
- Royal Perth Hospital, Australia
- Mary’s Hospital, Milwaukee, USA
- Indian Medical Association
- Rajasthan Medical Council
Awards and Recognitions
- Received award for contributions towards Thoracic Organ Transplant in India from Society of Heart Failure and Transplant in 2016
- Awarded the Certificate of Excellence by the Government of Rajasthan for organ Transplantation