Profile Snapshot of Dr. Atul Sharma
- Dr. Atul Sharma is a renowned Gastroenterology practitioner in Gurugram with a rich experience of more than 18 years in the field.
- He acquired Fellowship in Advanced interventional GI Endoscopy at BIDS, Mumbai.
- Dr. Atul Sharma is particularly interested in Third Space Endoscopy and Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM).
- Presently, the doctor leads the Motility, IBD & Third Space Endoscopy Unit-II at the Artemis Hospital, Gurugram.
- He presented several papers on Manometry, Luminal gastroenterology, and interventional Gastroenterology during training in Advanced Interventional GI Endoscopy.
- The doctor aids in the management of Obesity, Manometry, Luminal Gastroenterology, Fecal evacuation disorders, Constipation, Hepatology, Alcoholic liver disease, & Viral hepatitis.
- He pioneered many new procedures, including ESD and EMR, Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM), Colonic Transit Study, Endoscopic ultrasound, ERCP, and Esophageal/ Anorectal Manometry.
Dr. Atul Sharma’s Expertise
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Chronic Pancreatitis Treatment
Colonic Transit Study
Crohn’s disease treatment
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
Gall Bladder (Biliary) Stone Treatment
Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
Hepatitis A Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Hepatitis D Treatment
Hepatitis E Treatment
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Treatment
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Treatment
Liver Disease Treatment
Peptic / Gastric Ulcer Treatment
Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
Upper GI Endoscopy
Wilson’s Disease Treatment
Work Experience of Dr. Atul Sharma
- 18 years of experience
- Senior Consultant & Clinical Lead (Unit- II) in Motility, IBD & Third Space Endoscopy, Artemis Hospitals, Gurugram
- Head of the Advance department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, W-Pratiksha Hospital, Gurugram
- Gastroenterologists at Metro Hospital Noida and Preet Vihar
- Gastroenterologist, Baldota Institute of Digestive Sciences (BIDS), Global Hospital, Mumbai
- Gastroenterologist, SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- Senior Resident, Emergency Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Senior Resident (Hepatology), Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), New Delhi
- Senior Resident (Medicine), GSMCH, Medical College, Chandigarh
Dr. Atul Sharma’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Government Medical College, Jammu in 2004
- MD (Gen. Medicine) from SKIMS, Srinagar in 2008
- DM (Gastroenterology) from SGPGIMS, Lucknow in 2014
Memberships of Dr. Atul Sharma
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Asian Neuro-gastroenterology and Motility Association
Publications of Dr. Atul Sharma
- 2016: Usefulness of single-operator cholangioscopy- guided laser lithotripsy in patients with Mirizzi syndrome and cystic duct stones: experience at a tertiary care center. Bathini R, Maydeo A, Sharma A, Bhandari S. Gastro Endosc. 2016 Jul; 84(1):56-61. DOI: 10.1016/j.gie.2015.12.025. Epub 2016 Jan 5
- 2015: Endoscopic management of internally migrated pancreatic duct stent at a tertiary care center in India. Poster presentation accepted at Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2015 held in Washington DC, the USA from May 16-19, 2015