Profile Snapshot of Dr. Anil Kapoor
- Dr. Anil Kapoor is a well-known thoracic and chest surgeon specializing in all forms of thoracoscopic surgery.
- He is one of the very few surgeons in India whose primary focus is the surgical treatment of chest and thorax regions and performs various kinds of surgeries affecting the chest walls, esophagus, and lungs.
- He has an experience of more than 25 years in thoracic surgeries and has performed over 5000 open and thoracic procedures.
- He performs various types of procedures that include Pneumonectomy, esophagectomy, lobectomy, thymectomy, and sympathectomy among several others.
- Dr. Kapoor is highly experienced in minimally invasive thoracic surgery and has also performed a large number of video-assisted thoracic procedures.
- Dr. Anil Kapoor is dedicated towards inventing new techniques and methods for thoracic surgeries and has contributed several innovative techniques for different thoracic procedures.
- He is also an excellent teacher and has been training undergraduate and post-graduate students. He has also trained young surgeons in various thoracic surgeries.
- A member of prestigious associations, he gets invited regularly to attend conferences, seminars, and scientific meetings and presents papers in his area of practice. He attends workshops and CMEs to educate and demonstrate live thoracic procedures.
- Dr. Anil Kapoor has a keen interest in research and has developed new methods in thoracic surgeries that have been published in prestigious national and international journals and have been greatly appreciated by his peers.
Dr. Anil Kapoor’s Expertise
- Chest wall reconstruction
- Excision of chest wall tumor
- Excision of thoracic and mediastinal tumors
- Nonanatomical lung resections
- Open and laparoscopic thoracoscopic surgery
- Pneumonectomy, esophagectomy, pleurectomy, lobectomy, thymectomy, and sympathectomy
- Robotic and Minimally invasive thoracic surgeries
- VATS for tuberculosis of pleura, chest wall, and mediastinal lung
- VATS repair of diaphragmatic hernia
- Video-assisted thoracic procedures
Work Experience of Dr. Anil Kapoor
- Additional Director and Chief Consultant of Chest, Thoracic and VATS surgery, Jaypee Hospital, Noida, Presently
- Consultant of Chest and Thoracic surgery at Anand Hospital, Meerut
Dr. Anil Kapoor’s Qualifications
- MBBS from Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut
- MS in General Surgery from Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow of the Association of Surgeons of India
- Training in General Thoracic Surgery from Meerut Medical College, Meerut
- Clinical Observer at the Regional Department of Thoracic Surgery of Heartland Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Memberships of Dr. Anil Kapoor
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons