- Dr. Anil Kapoor is a well known thoracic and chest surgeon specializing in all forms of thoracoscopic surgeries.
- He is one of the very few surgeons in India whose primary focus is the surgical treatment of chest and thorax regions and performs various kinds of surgeries affecting the chest walls, esophagus and lungs.
- He has an experience of more than 25 years in thoracic surgeries and has performed over 5000 open and thoracic procedures.
- He performs various types of procedures that include Pneumonectomy, esophagectomy, lobectomy, thymectomy and sympathectomy among several others.
- Dr. Kapoor is highly experienced in minimally invasive thoracic surgery and has also performed a large number of video assisted thoracic procedures.
- He is dedicated towards inventing new techniques and methods for thoracic surgeries and has contributed several innovative techniques for different thoracic procedures.
- He is also an excellent teacher and has been training under-graduate and post-graduate students. He has also trained young surgeons in various thoracic surgeries.
- A member of prestigious associations, he gets invited regularly to attend conferences, seminars and scientific meetings and present papers on his area of practice. He attends workshops and CMEs to educate and demonstrate live thoracic procedures.
- He has a keen interest in research and has developed new methods in thoracic surgeries that have been published in prestigious national and international journals and have been greatly appreciated by his peers.
- Open and laparoscopic thoracoscopic surgery
- Chest wall reconstruction
- Excision of chest wall tumor
- Excision of thoracic and mediastinal tumors
- Non anatomical lung resections
- Video assisted thoracic procedures
- Robotic and Minimally invasive thoracic surgeries
- Pneumonectomy, esophagectomy, pleurectomy, lobectomy, thymectomy and sympathectomy
- VATS repair of diaphragmatic hernia
- VATS for tuberculosis of pleura, chest wall and mediastinal lung
- MBBS from Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut
- MS in General Surgery from Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow of the Association of Surgeons of India
- Training in General Thoracic Surgery from Meerut Medical College, Meerut
- Clinical Observer at the Regional Department of Thoracic Surgery of Heartland Hospital, Birmingham, UK
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons