Best Doctors in India for Robotic Brain Surgeries
- Dr. Veena Kalra is one of the renowned Paediatric Neurologists in India who has garnered much respect for her contribution to a new area of Pediatrics which is Pediatric Neurology for the country.
- She practices as a senior consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- The President of India has awarded Dr. Veena Kalra three medals for her work in treating kids with critical illnesses and contributions to the field of pediatrics.
- She has a passion for Malnutrition and brain development, Neurocysticercosis, Childhood Epilepsy, Childhood Cirrhosis, Neuro Infections, and Neurometabolic & Neurogenetic disorders.
- Dr. Kalra not only treated children during her 37 years of practice, but she also gained experience in teaching and leading the Pediatric department.
- Dr. Veena Kalra contributed significantly towards the research on Indian childhood cirrhosis, neurocysticercosis, learning disabilities, epilepsies, neurometabolic and neurogenetic illnesses, and lead poisoning.
- Dr. Vineet Bhushan Gupta is a renowned pediatric neurologist with nearly three decades of experience in treating neurological disorders in children.
- Currently, he is practicing as a senior consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Gupta is a certified fellow in Pediatric Neurology from London and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital of Liverpool.
- Dr. Vineet Bhushan Gupta specializes in Spinal fusion surgery. He also treats Spondylolisthesis, Epilepsy, pediatric stroke, Disc Desiccation, Spinal Stenosis, Fractured vertebrae, Herniated Disc, Disc Degeneration, Scoliosis, and developmental problems.
- Dr. Gupta has authored numerous research papers and studies that have appeared in a host of medical journals.
- Dr. Puneet Agarwal is one of the renowned neurologists in India known for his outstanding performance in the field of neuroscience.
- He is considered to be one of the first few doctors to successfully complete the Inflammatory Genes study in stroke patients and IV Valproate in status epilepticus.
- Dr. Agarwal is highly experienced in the Management of Parkinson’s disease, Deep Brain Stimulation, and Injection of Botulinum Toxin and is currently functioning as the Director of the Neurology Department of Stroke.
- Dr. Mukul Varma is one of the best Neurologists in India, specialized in treating brain and spine disorders. With over 27 years of experience, the doctor has expertise in Parkinson’s disease, Speech and movement disorder, headache, and multiple sclerosis treatment.
- He is working as a senior consultant Neurologist with the prestigious Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Varma is excellent at diagnosing and providing holistic treatment for meningitis, brain stroke, epilepsy, brain cancer, and many others. The doctor also performs stereotactic procedures for Brachial Plexus injuries.
- He has contributed 20 literary works to medical journals of national and international repute.
- Dr. Anoop Kohli is one of the well-known Neurologists in India, having 42 years of clinical experience.
- He is interested in the treatment of Migraine, Brain Haemorrhage, Paralysis, Parkinson’s disease, Stroke, Paraplegia, Fits, and Meningitis.
- Dr. Kohli is a senior consultant at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, and a pioneer, who first devised an intravenous thrombolytic treatment and developed the first Trans-Cranial Doppler Lab of India at Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Dr. Anoop Kohli is excellent at surgical intervention and therapies. He has contributed 40 publications to national and international journals.
- Dr. Sumit Singh is a well known Neurologist in India currently associated with Artemis Hospital in Gurgaon as the Director of the department of Neurology.
- He has an experience of 20+ years and specializes in the treatment and management of headache and movement disorders.
- He is the first Neurologist in India to introduce Botulinium toxin for the treatment of headache in 2002 and also used it for trigeminal neuralgia treatment.
- He has years of knowledge and experience in the treatment of neuromuscular disorders and is one of the best neurologists for the management of patients who have undergone Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.
- Dr. Singh is known to be the best for the planning and management of patients with Parkinson’s disease. He also provides treatment for patients suffering from Multiple sclerosis, Myasthenia gravis and Polymyositis.
- He has been associated with other prestigious hospitals before joining Artemis that includes All India Institute of Medical Sciences where he established the first Headache Clinic in North India. He also had an important role in starting the unit of Neuromuscular Disorders in the hospital.
- A member of esteemed medical societies and associations, he is equally interested in research and has been actively involved in clinical trials for Myasthenia gravis and Multiple sclerosis.
- Dr. Singh has also taught and trained several undergraduate and post graduate students and was a Faculty of Neurology during his stint at AIIMS.
- He holds credit of over 100 publications to his name in world renowned medical and scientific journals and has also authored and co authored several text books on neurology.
- Dr. Vipul Gupta is one of the most highly experienced and skilled interventional neurologists in India with expertise in AVMs, Intracranial Aneurysms embolization, tumor embolization, and angioplasty.
- He holds the credit of performing over 300 brain AVM procedures and more than 1000 intracranial aneurysms along with 100 DAVF procedures for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations.
- Dr. Gupta specializes in stenting of arterial stenosis as well as carotid stenting and intra- arterial thrombolysis for acute stroke. His expertise also lies in neurovascular imaging techniques and procedures.
- Dr. (Prof.) V S Mehta is a leading Neurosurgeon in India and is considered among the best neurosurgeons in the world.
- He holds an experience of over 4 decades in the field and is an expert in Brachial Plexus surgery, brain stem surgery, spinal tumor surgery, brain aneurysms, and brain tumor surgery.
- He has been honored with the Padma Shri for his dedication and contributions to neurosurgery and spine surgery in India.
- In Paras Dr. V S Mehta has been part of the team to first use the Image-Guided Brain Tumor Navigation Technology for Brain tumor surgery in India.
- Dr. Pranav Kumar is one of the best Neurosurgeons in India, having a good success record of over 27 years in performing deep-rooted tumors in the skull.
- Since 1996, Dr. Kumar has been working as a senior consultant neurosurgeon at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Pranav Kumar is skilled in surgeries for brain tumors deep-seated at the base of the skull and aneurysms affecting the cerebrovascular system.
- Dr. Kumar specializes in performing the complex ‘Auditory Brainstem Implant,’ where a Bionic device is inserted in the brainstem to recover the hearing capacity in deaf patients who cannot be treated with a cochlear implant.
- He completed microsurgery training at the National Neurosurgical Centre at Beaumont Hospital in Ireland.
- With 18+ years of experience in the field of neurology, Dr. Mukesh Kumar is one of the most prominent names in neuroscience, renowned for his expertise in the treatment of diseases like Myasthenia Gravis, Parkinson’s Disease, Botulism, and Movement Disorders.
- He is Gold Medalist in MBBS from Banaras Hindu University, India.
Best Hospitals in India for Robotic Brain Surgeries
Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- One of the most well-known hospitals in the Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital is the first hospital in Gurugram to get accredited by the Joint Commission International.
- With more than 40 specialties, the hospital has been designed to be one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the country, with the best medical and surgical health care. The hospital has eleven special and dedicated centers, for Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences, etc.
- The latest technologies in the hospital include Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite and Flat panel Cath Labs for the cardiovascular department, 3 Tesla MRI, 16 slice PET CT, 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, HDR Brachytherapy, and highly advanced Image Guided Radiation Therapy techniques (LINAC) are installed in the hospital.
- The hospital has won several awards as well, since its inception.
BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with 650 beds, BLK Superspecialty Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi. With over 1500 healthcare providers and 150 globally renowned super specialists, the hospital is one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centres. The hospital is known for having some of the best cancer doctors in the country.
- The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited and was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. It is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in India which was spread across 5 acres and has a capacity of 650 beds.
- The hospital has 80 consultation rooms spread across two floors, especially for OPD services.
- With one of the largest critical care programs, the hospital is equipped with 125 ICU beds specifically dedicated to the surgical, medical, neonatal, cardiac, pediatric, neuroscience and organ transplant units.
CARE Hospitals, Hyderabad
- CARE Hospitals were established in the year 2000, by CARE Group.
- The multispecialty hospital has 435 beds, including 120 critical care beds, with an annual inflow of 180000 outpatients and 16,000 in-patients.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nephrology, and Urology.
- The hospital has the first dual source, 128 slice CT scanner (for high precision cardiac imaging) – the first of its kind in south India.
- The hospital offers a wide range of accommodation facilities for the convenience of its varied patient base, ranging from general wards to super deluxe rooms.
CK Birla Hospital, Gurugram
- The CK Birla Hospital in Gurugram is a NABH-accredited multi-specialty hospital.
- The hospital strives to increase the quality of healthcare by focusing on UK NHS nurse and midwife training requirements. Policies and practices derived from the National Institute for Health and Treatment Excellence (NICE) recommendations in the United Kingdom ensuring that a strong focus on safety, high-quality clinical care, and sanitation is maintained.
- The hospital’s cutting-edge technology and facilities allow for real-time communication and seamless collaboration among caregivers, ensuring accuracy and the best possible results. Those with foreign experience and accreditations make up part of the hospital’s team of clinicians.
Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai
- Fortis Hiranandani hospital was established in 2007.
- The hospital is an advanced tertiary care, multi-specialty hospital equipped with 149 beds.
- The hospital is equipped with a super ICU to provide emergency medical care to critically ill patients.
- The hospital is NABH accredited.
- The critical care facility in the hospital is augmented with the state-of-the-art facilities that facilitate speedier diagnosis and efficient monitoring.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in cardiology, orthopedic science, pediatric science, neurology, diabetic care, urology, nephrology, ENT, obstetrics, gynecology, cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery, neuro and spine care.
Fortis Hospital, Anandpur, Kolkata
- Fortis Hospital, Anandapur, Kolkata is a world-class super-speciality equipped with the latest technologies in the medical world.
- The hospital is NABH accredited.
- This state-of-the-art facility specializes in cardiology and cardiac surgery, urology, nephrology, neurosciences, orthopaedics, digestive care, emergency care and critical care.
- The hospital, governed by integrated Building Management System (IBMS), has a pneumatic chute system, for quick vertical and horizontal transportation between floors, facilitating speedy transfer of patient specimens, documents, reports, and medicines to the concerned departments.
- The hospital also has a nephrology department with over 28 advanced dialysis units.
Fortis Hospital Banerghatta, Bengaluru
- Fortis Hospital Bannerghatta, Bengaluru was established in 2006.
- The hospital is a 276 bedded multi-specialty tertiary care facility.
- The hospital specializes in cutting-edge medical technology and dedicated patient care services.
- The hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies like trans-radial angioplasty, trans-abdominal cardiac surgery, and computerized TKR navigation surgery.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in cardiology, cardiac surgery, orthopedics, neurology, neuro-surgery, GI, and Minimal Access Surgery (MAS).
Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
- Fortis Hospital in Shalimar Bagh is a multi-super specialty hospital that strives to provide world-class patient care by leaving no stone unturned.
- Fortis, Shalimar Bagh, with 262 beds and a 7.34-acre footprint, provides the best level of medical care through its team of doctors, nurses, technicians, and management professionals.
Fortis Hospital, Malar, Chennai
- Fortis Malar was established in 1992 and was formerly known as Malar Hospital.
- The hospital specializes in cutting-edge medical technology and dedicated patient care services.
- The hospital is multi-specialty, tertiary care facility with 180 beds.
- The hospital offers comprehensive medical care in specialties such as cardiology, cardio-thoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, nephrology, gynecology, gastroenterology, urology, pediatrics, and diabetes.