Best Doctors in India for Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Anil Behl is an accomplished and skilled plastic surgeon with over 38 years of experience. He has excelled in the field of Burns care, complex reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries.
- He obtained special training in hand surgery in UK (1993-1994) in Craniofacial Surgery at Providence Hospital USA in 1994-95 and in Aesthetic Surgery in USA (2000-2001).
- Dr. Vipul Nanda is known as one of the most reputed plastic surgeons in India and has over 20 years of experience. Dr. Nanda did his MS from AIIMS and MRCS in UK. Following MCh from PGI in 1997 he underwent advanced fellowships under world leaders in cosmetic and plastic surgery in Spain, Japan, U.K. & USA.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Vipul Nanda has presented and published his technique of cleft palate repair and rhinoplasty for cleft patients at various national and international fora which have been acclaimed by his peers.
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar Khazanchi is the Chairman of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery at Medanta.
- With over 25 years of surgical experience, Dr. Rakesh Khazanchi specializes in cosmetic surgery, reconstructive microsurgery, vascular malformations, replantation of amputated parts as well as head and neck reconstruction.
- Dr. Khazanchi has undertaken 22 research projects, has published over 60 papers in national and international journals, and has also contributed over four chapters in textbooks as well as edited and authored a book of Plastic Surgery for General Surgeons.
- Dr. Ramajeet Singh has been one of India’s top dermatologists, who has earned over 20 years of experience.
- He is pioneering the concept of Laser in cosmetology.
- He is an expert in innovative aesthetic makeovers.
- Dr. Ajaya Kashyap is one of the most reputed plastic surgeons in India with over 35 years of experience. He completed his residency in Surgery at Robert Packer Hospital (Guthrie Clinic), Sayre, Pennsylvania, USA. He completed his Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Massachusetts, USA in 1997.
- Dr. Kashyap practices cutting-edge Plastic Surgery including the latest innovations in Minimal Access and Endoscopic Cosmetic Surgery. He also performs state-of-the-art laser procedures, power-assisted liposuction, short scar anatopexices, and the latest techniques in facial cosmetic surgery, rhinoplasty, and body contouring. He also is a leader in reconstructive and hand surgery.
- Dr. Adhishwar Sharma is a reputed plastic surgeon, with an extensive experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- He has been associated with various hospitals like Fortis hospital Noida, Batra Hospital, Metro hospital Faridabad, and Central hospital Faridabad.
- He has an interest in Brachial Plexus reconstruction and lymphedema. He has published articles in various international and national journals. He is a member of various professional bodies.
- Dr. Shahin Nooreyezdan is a well-known plastic surgeon in India with over 30 years of experience. He works as a senior plastic surgeon at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan extensively works on post-cancer reconstruction, burns & microvascular surgery, and re-attaching amputated limbs to improve the aesthetic appeal as well as deformities correction.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan is also attached to various social responsibility events like “Project Hope,” where he helped in recovering and rehabilitating 33 Christian orphans from the Tsunami-affected Nicobar Islands. Dr. Shahin has been the financial support for providing English and Moral Education to deprived children.
- Dr. Sunil Choudhary is the Principal Director & Chief of Plastic Surgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- He has over 28 years of proficient experience in the medical field and has been honored for being the first-ever Indian Plastic Surgeon to be awarded Board Certification by the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery in Bern, Switzerland.
- Dr. Choudhary’s outstanding performance, especially in the field of Aesthetic Surgeries such as face reconstruction and breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and microsurgery has earned him several awards and accolades.
- With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Sanjay Mahendru is a fully qualified aesthetic plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
- He went to receive advanced training in Cosmetic Surgery at the Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery, Melbourne, Australia.
- He was also awarded the Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship in 2008. The fellowship is recognized by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) and is highly sought after the world over.
- Dr. Indrapati Singh is one of the best cosmetic surgeons in India with extensive experience. He works as a senior cosmetic surgeon at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Singh specializes in Plastic, Cosmetic, and Reconstructive Surgery and has over 52 years of combined expertise.
- He has successfully performed plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments on all parts of the body. His surgeries on the head, face, neck, and body improve one’s attractiveness. Aesthetic augmentation/reduction, liposuction, vaginal tightness, body contouring, and even hair transplantation are among the therapies available with him.
Best Hospitals in India for Rhinoplasty
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a 700-bedded multispecialty hospital in the heart of the capital of India. It is a part of Apollo Hospital group, one of India’s most reputed healthcare chains. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been accredited by Joint Commission International, making it the first internationally accredited hospital in the country in 2005.
- There are 52 specialties in the hospital with one of the best cardiology centers in the country. The hospital is also equipped with State of the art infrastructure facilities with the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and the largest number of ICU bed facilities in India.
- The hospital also has one of the largest dialysis units in India along with a dedicated Bone Marrow Transplant unit.
- The latest and highly advanced technologies that are installed in the hospital include Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, PET-MR, PET-CT, Cobalt-based HDR Brachytherapy, Brain Lab Navigation System, Tilting MRI, Portable CT scanner, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner, DSA Lab, Endosonography, Hyperbaric Chamber and Fibro scan.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with 1000 beds. The hospital comprises reputed clinicians, and international faculty and is also equipped with cutting-edge technology. The hospital is a part of Fortis Healthcare Limited, a reputed chain of private hospitals in India.
- It is a NABH-accredited hospital that is spread across 11 acres of land and has a capacity of 1000 beds. The hospital has 55 specialties and is one of the premier health care centers in the Asia Pacific region popularly known as “the Mecca of Healthcare”.
- The hospital has 260 diagnostic centers and is also equipped with the latest and advanced techniques that include 3 Telsa which is the world’s first Digital MRI technology. The hospital also has world-class Radiation Therapy techniques which have been developed by leading technology experts from Elekta and Brain Lab.
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
- One of India’s best and largest multi-specialty hospitals, Medanta was built with the aim to bring India to the highest standards of medical care. The hospital has been providing the best medical services to its patients, since its inception, with care, commitment, and compassion.
- Equipped with 1250 beds, the hospital was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan in the year 2009 with an aim to provide the best medical care at affordable costs. The hospital is spread across 43 acres and includes 45 operation theatres and 350 beds dedicated solely to ICU. The hospital includes over 800 doctors, and more than 22 specialty departments and has a dedicated floor for individual specialty in order to offer the best services under one roof.
- The hospital is considered one of the premier institutes in India for Cardiac Care and includes staffs and members of high caliber. The hospital has 6 distinct centers of excellence.
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- One of the well-regarded providers in India committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and patient care, Max Super Specialty Hospital is a part of Max Healthcare, which is the second-largest healthcare chain in India. Regarded as one of the most well-regarded healthcare providers in the country, Max Super Specialty Hospital is committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence as well as patient care. The hospital is also equipped with the latest technology as well as cutting-edge research. The hospital is known to deliver and ensure the highest level of patient care.
- The hospital has more than 500 beds and offers treatment for over 35 specialties. The hospital also holds the credit of having installed the first Brain Suite in Asia. This is a highly advanced Neurosurgical machine that allows MRI to be taken while surgery is ongoing.
- Other advanced and latest technologies are also installed in the hospital such as the 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, 64 Slice CT Angiography, 4D ECHO, LINAC, and 3.5T MRI machine.
Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi
- Over the last 33 years, the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute has set new standards in cardiac treatment with groundbreaking research. It is now known around the world as a centre of expertise for Cardiac Bypass Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Non-invasive Cardiology, Paediatric Cardiology, and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- The hospital has cutting-edge laboratories that perform a wide range of diagnostic tests in Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Biochemistry, Haematology, Transfusion Medicine, and Microbiology.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute boasts a diverse group of bright and experienced doctors who are backed up by a team of highly qualified, experienced, and devoted support professionals as well as cutting-edge equipment such as the recently installed Dual CT Scan.
- Approximately 200 cardiac doctors and 1600 personnel currently collaborate to manage over 14,500 admissions and 7,200 emergency situations each year. The hospital now has a 310-bed infrastructure, as well as five cath labs and a slew of other world-class amenities.
Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
Rela Hospital, Chennai
- RIMC is a multi-specialty hospital in a sprawling area of 36 acres located in Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The facility has 450 beds including 130 critical care beds, 9 operating rooms, modern reference laboratories and radiology services, and is conveniently located near road, rail and air transportation.
- RIMC is led and managed by world-renowned physicians committed to healthcare.
- RIMC offers the broadest range of clinical care, education, and research. The hospital offers state-of-the-art technology and modern treatment facilities designed to provide health care at an affordable cost.
- Rela Institute is driven by patient needs, comfort and confidence.
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- One of the most well-known hospitals in the Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital is the first hospital in Gurugram to get accredited by the Joint Commission International.
- With more than 40 specialties, the hospital has been designed to be one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the country, with the best medical and surgical health care. The hospital has eleven special and dedicated centers, for Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences, etc.
- The latest technologies in the hospital include Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite and Flat panel Cath Labs for the cardiovascular department, 3 Tesla MRI, 16 slice PET CT, 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, HDR Brachytherapy, and highly advanced Image Guided Radiation Therapy techniques (LINAC) are installed in the hospital.
- The hospital has won several awards as well, since its inception.
BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with 650 beds, BLK Superspecialty Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi. With over 1500 healthcare providers and 150 globally renowned super specialists, the hospital is one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centres. The hospital is known for having some of the best cancer doctors in the country.
- The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited and was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. It is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in India which was spread across 5 acres and has a capacity of 650 beds.
- The hospital has 80 consultation rooms spread across two floors, especially for OPD services.
- With one of the largest critical care programs, the hospital is equipped with 125 ICU beds specifically dedicated to the surgical, medical, neonatal, cardiac, pediatric, neuroscience and organ transplant units.
CARE Hospitals, Hyderabad
- CARE Hospitals were established in the year 2000, by CARE Group.
- The multispecialty hospital has 435 beds, including 120 critical care beds, with an annual inflow of 180000 outpatients and 16,000 in-patients.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nephrology, and Urology.
- The hospital has the first dual source, 128 slice CT scanner (for high precision cardiac imaging) – the first of its kind in south India.
- The hospital offers a wide range of accommodation facilities for the convenience of its varied patient base, ranging from general wards to super deluxe rooms.
Rhinoplasty also termed as a nose job, is a surgery that is performed to change the shape of the nose. It can be performed to change the appearance of the nose, to improve breathing or both. The bone is the upper portion of the structure of the bone, while the lower part is cartilage, skin or all three. Your surgeon considers your other facial features, including the skin on your nose while rhinoplasty is planned. Once you are considered as a candidate for the surgery, a customized plan will be developed for you by your surgeon.
First, you need to meet with your surgeon and discuss whether you are a proper candidate for this procedure. You need to discuss why you require the surgeon and what expectations you have from it.
Your medical history will be examined by your surgeon, after which he will ask you about any current medications you might be taking as well as medical conditions that you might be having. Your surgeon might recommend against taking it if you suffer from hemophilia, a condition that causes excessive bleeding.
A physical exam will be performed by your surgeon, after looking closely at the skin on the inside and outside of your nose in order to determine the kind of changes that can be made. Your surgeons can order blood tests as well as other lab tests. Some people also get a chin augmentation, a procedure which defines the chin better along with rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can suggest whether such additional surgery should be performed at the same time.
This consultation will also include photographing your nose from various angles. These shots will be used to assess the long-term results of your surgery and might be referred to during the surgery as well.
It is important that you avoid painkillers that contain ibuprofen or aspirin for two weeks after your surgery. This kind of medications can slow down the blood-clotting process and make you even bleed more. It is important that you let your surgeon know the kind of medications and supplements that you are taking so that they are able to advise you regarding whether you should continue them or not.
Also, make sure that you understand the costs of your surgery. If your rhinoplasty is due to cosmetic reasons, it is a lot less likely that insurance is going to cover it.
People who are smokers can have more difficulty healing from rhinoplasty, as cigarettes are known to slow the recovery process. Nicotine can constrict the blood vessels, which can result in less oxygen and blood getting to healing tissues. Therefore, it is quite important that you quit smoking before and after the surgery in order to help in the healing process.
Depending on how complex your surgery is, your procedure will require either local anesthesia or general anesthesia. It’s best that you discuss it with your doctor, which is the most appropriate type of anesthesia for you.
Rhinoplasty can be done inside the nose or through a small external cut made at the base of your nose between the nostrils. The bone will be readjusted by your surgeon as well as the cartilage underneath your skin. For larger changes, the surgeon can use cartilage from your rib, implants as well as bone from another part of your body. Once these changes are made, your surgeon will place the skin and tissue of the nose back and stitch the incisions in your nose. Once the surgery is done, you will find yourself in a recovery room, where the staff will be monitoring you. You might be able to live the same day unless you have any other health issues.
After the surgery, the surgeon might place a plastic or metal splint on your nose, which will help it retain its new shape while it heals. He might also place nasal packs or splints inside the nostrils in order to stabilize your septum, which is the part of your nose between the nostrils.
To reduce bleeding and swelling, it will be best for you to rest with your head elevated above your chest. If you find your nose swollen or packed with cotton, you might feel congested as well. People are generally required to leave splints and dressings in place for at least one week after surgery. You might also have absorbable stitches, which means they will dissolve and won’t require removal. If the stitches aren’t absorbable, you will need to see the doctor again a week in order to get stitches taken out.
Impaired judgment, memory lapses and slow reaction time are some common effects that can be caused by the medications which are used for surgery. If it is possible, try to have a relative or friend stay with you the first night after the surgery.
You might experience drainage and bleeding for a few days after the surgery. A drip pad, a piece of gauze taped below the nose, can help in absorbing blood and mucus. Your doctor will let you know how often you need to change your drip pad. If you get headaches, your face might feel puffy, due to which your doctor might prescribe pain medications.
You might need to avoid the following for some weeks after the surgery:
- Running and any such strenuous physical activities
- Blowing your nose
- Chewing excessively
- Laughing or smiling, or any facial expression that require too much movement in the face
- Resting your eyeglasses on your nose
- Pulling clothes over your head
- Vigorously brushing your teeth
You need to be careful about exposure to the sun as well as this could permanently lead to discoloring of the skin around the nose. Within a week you can return to your usual daily activities.
Rhinoplasty can affect the area around the eyes and you might experience temporary numbness, swelling or discoloration around your eyelids for a few weeks. Sometimes in rare cases, this might last up to six months and slight swelling can even persist longer. You can also choose to apply cold compressors or ice packs in order to decrease discoloration and swelling. The follow-up care after rhinoplasty is also very important. Make sure that you keep your appointments as well as follow the instructions provided by your doctor.
Like most major surgeries, rhinoplasty comes with risks such as bleeding, infection or adverse reaction due to the anesthesia.
There are also other possible risks which can come with rhinoplasty, which can include the following:
- Permanent numbness in and around the nose
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- The possibility of having an uneven-looking nose
- Pain, discoloration or swelling which can be persistent
- A hole in the septum
- Requiring surgery again
Despite the risks involved, most of the time if your surgeon is experienced, you will end up with satisfactory results. The slight changes however aren’t enough in some cases and your surgeon might need to perform another surgery in order to make further changes. However, in such cases, you will need to wait for a minimum of one year for the next surgery, as during this time your nose can go through some changes.