Best Paediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Doctors in India
- Dr. Nitin Sood is the Director of the Department of Hemato Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram.
- He is an expert in treating patients suffering from lymphoma, myeloma, bleeding and clotting disorders, thalassemia, and aplastic anemia.
- After years of practice, Dr. Neha Rastogi has unmatched expertise in diagnosing and treating different kinds of disorders such as anemia, thalassemia, hemophilia, solid tumors, and blood cancers.
- Besides all this, she has the ability to diagnose and treat various primary immunodeficiency disorders as well.
- Being interested in cellular and immunotherapy, Dr. Neha Rastogi works with the agenda of transforming the face of cancer disorders and transplantation.
- Dr. Srikanth M is one of the top Hematologists in Chennai with an experience of 25 years in the field.
- He assists patients with an accurate diagnosis, consultation, and treatment for Hemophilia, Leukemia, Myeloma, Thalassemia, Lymphoma, and other blood diseases. The doctor also offers Bone Marrow Transplant and Chelation Therapy, etc.
- Dr. Srikanth M has completed MRCP from the Royal College of Physicians, London to enhance his skills and received a fellowship from Royal Marsden Hospital.
- Dr. Prabu P is one of the top hematologists in Tamil Nadu with an experience of more than 15+ years in the field.
- He gained most of his experience working in the United Kingdom and now practices at Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
- Dr. Prabu acquired experience in general and malignant pediatric hematology while working in the pediatric hematology unit of St James University Hospital, Leeds.
- Dr. T. Raja is a Medical Oncologist from the Tamil Nadu state with 25 years of know-how in this field.
- He has proficiency in Cancer Screening, Chemotherapy, PICC Line Insertion, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Stem Cell Transplantation, Pap collection, lymphoma, Renal Cell Cancer management, and Head and Neck Tumor.
- Dr. Raja was the Principal Investigator for several clinical studies, a published author for journals, and a teacher.
- Dr. Bellarmine Vincent Lawrence is a well-known Medical Oncologist in South India with a specialization in the treatment of breast cancers.
- He provides overall both pre and post-operative treatment of breast cancer that includes diagnostic, therapeutic as well as palliative care.
- He also provides services for other types of cancers including blood cancer and does procedures like Chemotherapy for the treatment and biopsies for the detection of cancer.
- Dr. Amita Mahajan is an established pediatric oncologist in India. She has assisted patients in recovering from health checkups, nutrition consultation for children, Bone Marrow Transplant, diabetes, and childhood injuries.
- Since Dr. Mahajan has expertise in Adolescent Medicine besides Pediatrics Oncology and Hematology, she also offers treatment for Menstrual Disorders in Adolescent Girls.
- Dr. Shishir Seth is a Hemato Oncologist and Bone Marrow Transplant specialist currently practicing at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- He has performed over 200 hematopoietic stem cell transplants successfully of which 40 included allogenic haploidentical transplants and antigen mismatch transplants. He has also performed 300 induction therapies for acute leukemia.
- Dr. Shishir Seth is an expert hematologist and hemato oncologist with an interest in the management and treatment of different blood diseases (benign and malignant).
- With an experience of 10+ years in Hematology and BMT, Dr. Seth has achieved several feats in his career that have gained him immense popularity and recognition.
- Dr. Shishir Seth is involved with research work as well and has numerous publications in his name in national and international journals.
- Dr. Santanu Sen is among the top-rated pediatric oncologists in India and is highly skilled in the treatment of brain, blood, bone cancer, and other types of blood disorders in children.
- Dr. Sen has been associated with one of the renowned cancer hospitals in the world, the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
- He is currently associated as a Consultant with Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai where he also heads the Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Program. This program holds the credit for performing Stem Cell Transplants on the youngest baby in the world (4 months for Neuroblastoma) as well as the youngest Thalassemia transplant in India (9-month-old baby).
- Dr. Rahul Naithani is a reputed clinical hematologist. After his return from Canada, Dr. Naithani started his Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant program at Max healthcare and is known to have performed over 130 BMTs in the past.
- His incredible skills and proficient work experience are currently helping him indulge in scientific research with multiple publications to his credit helping the national and international medical industry greatly.
Best Paediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Hospitals in India
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a 700-bedded multispecialty hospital in the heart of the capital of India. It is a part of Apollo Hospital group, one of India’s most reputed healthcare chains. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been accredited by Joint Commission International, making it the first internationally accredited hospital in the country in 2005.
- There are 52 specialties in the hospital with one of the best cardiology centers in the country. The hospital is also equipped with State of the art infrastructure facilities with the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and the largest number of ICU bed facilities in India.
- The hospital also has one of the largest dialysis units in India along with a dedicated Bone Marrow Transplant unit.
- The latest and highly advanced technologies that are installed in the hospital include Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, PET-MR, PET-CT, Cobalt-based HDR Brachytherapy, Brain Lab Navigation System, Tilting MRI, Portable CT scanner, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner, DSA Lab, Endosonography, Hyperbaric Chamber and Fibro scan.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with 1000 beds. The hospital comprises reputed clinicians, and international faculty and is also equipped with cutting-edge technology. The hospital is a part of Fortis Healthcare Limited, a reputed chain of private hospitals in India.
- It is a NABH-accredited hospital that is spread across 11 acres of land and has a capacity of 1000 beds. The hospital has 55 specialties and is one of the premier health care centers in the Asia Pacific region popularly known as “the Mecca of Healthcare”.
- The hospital has 260 diagnostic centers and is also equipped with the latest and advanced techniques that include 3 Telsa which is the world’s first Digital MRI technology. The hospital also has world-class Radiation Therapy techniques which have been developed by leading technology experts from Elekta and Brain Lab.
Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
- One of India’s best and largest multi-specialty hospitals, Medanta was built with the aim to bring India to the highest standards of medical care. The hospital has been providing the best medical services to its patients, since its inception, with care, commitment, and compassion.
- Equipped with 1250 beds, the hospital was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan in the year 2009 with an aim to provide the best medical care at affordable costs. The hospital is spread across 43 acres and includes 45 operation theatres and 350 beds dedicated solely to ICU. The hospital includes over 800 doctors, and more than 22 specialty departments and has a dedicated floor for individual specialty in order to offer the best services under one roof.
- The hospital is considered one of the premier institutes in India for Cardiac Care and includes staffs and members of high caliber. The hospital has 6 distinct centers of excellence.
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- One of the well-regarded providers in India committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and patient care, Max Super Specialty Hospital is a part of Max Healthcare, which is the second-largest healthcare chain in India. Regarded as one of the most well-regarded healthcare providers in the country, Max Super Specialty Hospital is committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence as well as patient care. The hospital is also equipped with the latest technology as well as cutting-edge research. The hospital is known to deliver and ensure the highest level of patient care.
- The hospital has more than 500 beds and offers treatment for over 35 specialties. The hospital also holds the credit of having installed the first Brain Suite in Asia. This is a highly advanced Neurosurgical machine that allows MRI to be taken while surgery is ongoing.
- Other advanced and latest technologies are also installed in the hospital such as the 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, 64 Slice CT Angiography, 4D ECHO, LINAC, and 3.5T MRI machine.
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- One of the most well-known hospitals in the Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital is the first hospital in Gurugram to get accredited by the Joint Commission International.
- With more than 40 specialties, the hospital has been designed to be one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the country, with the best medical and surgical health care. The hospital has eleven special and dedicated centers, for Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences, etc.
- The latest technologies in the hospital include Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite and Flat panel Cath Labs for the cardiovascular department, 3 Tesla MRI, 16 slice PET CT, 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, HDR Brachytherapy, and highly advanced Image Guided Radiation Therapy techniques (LINAC) are installed in the hospital.
- The hospital has won several awards as well, since its inception.
BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with 650 beds, BLK Superspecialty Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi.
- With over 1500 healthcare providers and 150 globally renowned super specialists, the hospital is one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centres. The hospital is known for having some of the best cancer doctors in the country.
- The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited and was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru.
Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Established in 1999, Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai, is one of the top healthcare facilities in Southern India. It is part of the Gleneagles Hospital Chain, which is the fourth largest healthcare chain in the country. The hospital specializes in multi-organ transplants of kidneys, liver, lungs, heart, etc.
- The hospital has an excellent infrastructure and state-of-the-art lab and equipment set-up. The hospital boasts cutting-edge technologies, a highly skilled team of doctors and surgeons, and trained support staff. Located in Perumbakam, Chennai, it is one of India’s premier health care destinations. The hospital has performed some of the most complex surgical and clinical procedures in India including multi-organ transplantations.
- The hospital’s lung transplantation program is one of the best in the country. The hospital is known for having performed India’s first single lung transplant and first minimal invasive lung transplant. It is also the only Indian hospital to be associated with King’s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom for liver transplantations.
Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital in Mulund is a 315-bed multi-speciality tertiary care hospital with five JCI accreditations that offers a wide variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The Fortis Hospital in Mulund delivers patient-centred treatment with cutting-edge technology, highly skilled and experienced surgeons, and paramedical staff.
- This institution houses Maharashtra’s largest multi-organ transplant centre. It is also the first heart transplant centre in western India to conduct 100 or more consecutive heart transplants in under four years. It is the only hospital in the city to have multi-organ transplants and has handled the youngest patient for angioplasty. Fortis Hospital Mulund now boasts the first advanced surgical robot in central Mumbai.
- Cardiology and heart surgery, urology, nephrology, neurosciences, orthopaedics, digestive care, emergency and critical care, and maternity care are among the services provided by the hospital.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Named after the wife of Indian industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Industries, this is one of the top hospitals in Mumbai. This 750-bed multi-specialty hospital became operational in 2009. Known as one of India’s most advanced tertiary care facilities, the hospital is designed to raise India’s global standing as a healthcare hub, with an emphasis on excellence in clinical services.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital uses Protocol and Care Pathway based treatment models to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
- The hospital represents a confluence of top-notch talent, cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and, most importantly commitment.
- The hospital also holds the accreditation of the NABH, NABL, CAP, and JCI.
- The hospital has been recognized as the No. 1 Multispecialty Hospital in Mumbai and the West Zone for the fifth year in a row in 2020 by The Week.